Sold my soul...now I'm (we're) buying it back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Sold my soul...now I'm (we're) buying it back

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
gquinzi

Sold my soul...now I'm (we're) buying it back

Hey all, It's been a while since I've been on the forums but I am back and about to pull the trigger on a 2012 unlimited. I owned a 95 XJ 2 dr 5 spd for about 15 years until her body got so rusted out I basicaly donated her. I felt lost but on brightside I turned my wife into a Jeep nut without even trying. She fell in love with em when we met in 03 and was sad to see the XJ go in 2010. Earlier today we went to a dealer and test drove one (6 spd) and it felt like old times. We've been looking into getting the unlimited for a couple reasons however I wanted to ask what folks thought of the Altitude package? Is it worth it? It seems it's mostly added trim with beefier wheels but I figured I'd ask others here for their input. I'm also looking to add a tow package for small water craft and a camper. The Altitude was quoted at $33,900 and they have one in their warehouse, a 6-Spd model in black with all the fixins.

Appreciate any constructive input :-)

gquinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Altitude is nothing more than a flashy Sahara with a bunch of add ons. You'd be much better off spending less on a Sahara or even Rubicon in that price range. Maybe even think about ordering a 2013. A brand new loaded 2013 Sahara can't be much more than that.

But that's just my opinion. If you like the package, by all means buy it.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
gquinzi

Apppreciate the input Bama. Yeah I may just go with a Sahara with a few upgrades instead.

Cheers

Greg
gquinzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.