Soft Warn Winch Cover for M8000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Soft Warn Winch Cover for M8000

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
jehnmg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Soft Warn Winch Cover for M8000

Hey All:
I was just curious what if there are any opinions out there (yes, I am bracing myself) regarding winch covers, particularly the soft Warn winch covers. I have a soft winch cover for my M8000 Warn winch and have only used it a few times. Reason being, there seemed to be condensation on the underside of the cover when I took it off and I wasn't sure if prolonged exposure to the condensation would prematurely damage the winch.
Has anyone else used a similar cover? If so, is it better to have this particular cover on the winch (with this condensation, I presume) or leave the winch "exposed" and cover-less?
Thanks for everyone's input.
Just so everyone can see, this is the type of cover that I am referring to:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92114_XX_PG.htm

Skids- Sway Bar, c. arms, s.mounts, oil pan, evap. cannister, EVO C2 front axle Gussets...
jehnmg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
jehnmg
2009 JK Wrangler 

Early a.m. bump

Skids- Sway Bar, c. arms, s.mounts, oil pan, evap. cannister, EVO C2 front axle Gussets...
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have never covered my winch ( been 3 yrs) there doesn't appear to be any mechanical downside.

However the plastic has faded a bit, but as long as it works I'm happy.
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
jehnmg
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have never covered my winch, either, and the winch still works great. A buddy of mine swears by covering his winch, but that's why I was hoping to gauge some opinions on the matter.

Unread 06-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I assume you have the controller on top, so one of these may work with a little sewing: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92114_200X_PG.htm

My M8000's controller is under the hood, so I bought the WARN 9.5ti, 9.5si, & XD9000i winch cover, had my wife doing some sewing on it to make it smaller/tighten it up. Plus she put two large clips on one end that go around the wiring running out of the winch just to help keep it on. However it's never blown off. It's a little baggy but it's snug and works fine. It also dries quickly when it gets wet.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I wasn't happy with paying $60+ for a winch cover. I bought some (doubled up)duck cloth from Jo-Ann fabric, metal grommets and heavy-duty thread. Took me 45 minutes to make. It doesn't hold water like the neoprene does either.
Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just cover my rope.

I made it out of tent nylon. It keeps the sun and road debris off the rope.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.