Soft top question?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Soft top question??

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
Limecuda
2011 JK Wrangler 

Soft top question??

Just purchased a 2011 wrangler unlimited 4dr rubicon. The Jeep has a hard top right now. I would like to purchase a soft top for it during the warmer season. What kind do you recommend? I've seen ones that are frameless is that the way to go? Just want a top that is easy to put up during rain. Looking for advice from one of you Jeep experts.

Limecuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limecuda View Post
Just purchased a 2011 wrangler unlimited 4dr rubicon. The Jeep has a hard top right now. I would like to purchase a soft top for it during the warmer season. What kind do you recommend? I've seen ones that are frameless is that the way to go? Just want a top that is easy to put up during rain. Looking for advice from one of you Jeep experts.
A Frame-less Soft Top will not go up and down easily. They are designed to have the windows removed, but not go up and down. If you are looking for something that functions like the factory top, you can get a full Bestop Supertop that includes everything you need to install and run the top. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know about in your area, but on our local CraigsList, Factory JK soft tops show up all the time. Most are advertised as new, never used. I guess most just stick with their hard top even though when they got their new JK it came with dual tops.

I would try your local CL for a factory top.
Unread 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here is 2 examples of our listings.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/4406792857.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/pts/4397595491.html

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.