So I've got this safari top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > So I've got this safari top

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
TomsRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So I've got this safari top

This safari top attaches to the windshield header like my rear window attaches into my tailgate bar. I've never seen a top that mounts like this. So I did some research and found it fits on a 97-02 drill-in style header. My question is, does anyone know if they made a channel that fits this for the YJ? Or maybe if the TJ header would fit? I've tried searching, but it's not exactly easy to find any information on this style of header. Thanks.

TomsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had the drill in header on my TJ, and my YJ. I don't know if there is any difference between the two but I'm sure they are available for both still.

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
bigred33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a 93yj and 99tj drill in header channel. I want to say they were practically identical except for the groove that the top slides into, one is rounder/smaller I believe.
bigred33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
TomsRubi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies, guys! For the price I might just go ahead and buy one and see if it'll work. I'll update here when I come up with a verdict.

Sent from my turtle in a half shell.
TomsRubi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.