Smittybilt Cargo Restraint netting, any good? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Smittybilt Cargo Restraint netting, any good?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Marcus86GLHS

Smittybilt Cargo Restraint netting, any good?

happy july 4th everyone.

if all goes as planned my first wrangler (a 2002 sahara) should be in my garage by week's end. I plan to bring my 90 pound Lab with me, he will ride in the back cargo area and I want to be certain he cannot jump out when the hardtop is removed. he's 4 and the only vehicle he has ever rode in is my 2008 Grand Cherokee. i do not want to use those dog tethers as i know this dog will not like being tied to the floor or to the roll cage.

I looked at the Raingler Nets, they are nice, but seem pricey. I found this system from Smittybilt:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14070_9302_07.htm

This set-up is a lot less expensive and appears to be easier to install and use.

I've never bought anything from Smittybilt so I am looking for opinions on this product. Thanks.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

I bought one when they first came out and have had it on since. Works great to keep the kids and dog in. It has held up very well.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
Marcus86GLHS

thanks. can a safari bikini top fit over this netting?

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Unread 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
robski85

2012 JK Wrangler 

We just purchased this for our JK a few weeks back. Works great, keeps the dogs happy and was very easy to setup!
robski85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

yes we leave ours on all the time in the summer the safari bikini top fits right over it and in the winter the soft top fits over it to. Has not been off since we bought it.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just installed mine today, and I'm not impressed at all, half the straps are to short and the other half are to long... As soon as this trip is over its going on the shelf and I'm buying something else
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
Marcus86GLHS

i ended up purchasing the Raingler cargo area netting because i did not want netting on the top, just the sides and back. plus the Raingler netting goes in between the tubing on the sports bar, the Smittybilt system goes over and around the bar, i didn't like that look.

i still haven't received the product though, their customer support is not up to par....i only hope the product is better than the customer service.

Unread 07-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_man50 View Post
Just installed mine today, and I'm not impressed at all, half the straps are to short and the other half are to long... As soon as this trip is over its going on the shelf and I'm buying something else
Call Smittybilt and talk to their customer service. If you got a bad one, they'll get you taken care of. They're good guys.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
turtle05LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Please don't forget to secure the other stuff in the Jeep (not just the occupants). Couple just lost their baby in an accident due to something in the cab flying around and hit their baby in the head.
turtle05LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Hristo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My gf bought me one of these smittybilt nets for my TJ at Xmas. I had been planning on getting a raingler one this summer, as I preferred the look, but didn't want her to feel bad about getting the smittybilt one (or discourage her in buying jeep parts!) which she got through her work in a local autoparts store.

It actually looks better than I thought, and much to my surprise, it all fit together well. I like that the back opens like my soft top so it makes it easier to get my dog, a rather energetic 90lb German Shepherd, in and out, than I would imagine the raingler one would.

I don't run it with a full safari top, but my bikini top works great with it.

If you are stuck on the raingler look or don't trust smittybilt, I'm sure raingler works great. This is one smittybilt product I'm ok with recommending though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.