JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wrangler General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/)
-   -   Smittybilt Cargo Restraint netting, any good? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/smittybilt-cargo-restraint-netting-any-good-1388970/)

Marcus86GLHS 07-04-2012 11:58 AM

Smittybilt Cargo Restraint netting, any good?

happy july 4th everyone.

if all goes as planned my first wrangler (a 2002 sahara) should be in my garage by week's end. I plan to bring my 90 pound Lab with me, he will ride in the back cargo area and I want to be certain he cannot jump out when the hardtop is removed. he's 4 and the only vehicle he has ever rode in is my 2008 Grand Cherokee. i do not want to use those dog tethers as i know this dog will not like being tied to the floor or to the roll cage.

I looked at the Raingler Nets, they are nice, but seem pricey. I found this system from Smittybilt:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14070_9302_07.htm

This set-up is a lot less expensive and appears to be easier to install and use.

I've never bought anything from Smittybilt so I am looking for opinions on this product. Thanks.

J33Pyj 07-04-2012 09:12 PM

I bought one when they first came out and have had it on since. Works great to keep the kids and dog in. It has held up very well.

Marcus86GLHS 07-05-2012 03:23 AM

thanks. can a safari bikini top fit over this netting?

robski85 07-05-2012 07:22 PM

We just purchased this for our JK a few weeks back. Works great, keeps the dogs happy and was very easy to setup!

J33Pyj 07-06-2012 08:15 PM

yes we leave ours on all the time in the summer the safari bikini top fits right over it and in the winter the soft top fits over it to. Has not been off since we bought it.

Stud_man50 07-12-2012 07:34 PM

Just installed mine today, and I'm not impressed at all, half the straps are to short and the other half are to long... As soon as this trip is over its going on the shelf and I'm buying something else

Marcus86GLHS 07-13-2012 03:16 AM

i ended up purchasing the Raingler cargo area netting because i did not want netting on the top, just the sides and back. plus the Raingler netting goes in between the tubing on the sports bar, the Smittybilt system goes over and around the bar, i didn't like that look.

i still haven't received the product though, their customer support is not up to par....i only hope the product is better than the customer service.

JeepAddOnsChris 07-13-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stud_man50 (Post 13858264)
Just installed mine today, and I'm not impressed at all, half the straps are to short and the other half are to long... As soon as this trip is over its going on the shelf and I'm buying something else

Call Smittybilt and talk to their customer service. If you got a bad one, they'll get you taken care of. They're good guys.

turtle05LJ 07-13-2012 11:11 AM

Please don't forget to secure the other stuff in the Jeep (not just the occupants). Couple just lost their baby in an accident due to something in the cab flying around and hit their baby in the head.

Hristo 07-13-2012 12:54 PM

My gf bought me one of these smittybilt nets for my TJ at Xmas. I had been planning on getting a raingler one this summer, as I preferred the look, but didn't want her to feel bad about getting the smittybilt one (or discourage her in buying jeep parts!) which she got through her work in a local autoparts store.

It actually looks better than I thought, and much to my surprise, it all fit together well. I like that the back opens like my soft top so it makes it easier to get my dog, a rather energetic 90lb German Shepherd, in and out, than I would imagine the raingler one would.

I don't run it with a full safari top, but my bikini top works great with it.

If you are stuck on the raingler look or don't trust smittybilt, I'm sure raingler works great. This is one smittybilt product I'm ok with recommending though.

The time now is 05:06 PM.