Sliced window - piece of paper stolen - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Sliced window - piece of paper stolen

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #16
aeroyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpill109 View Post
That would have made me even more mad -___-
If it is the passenger side and OEM style top i have a perfectly good skin i can mail you ^_^
Thanks, but it is the driver side. Fortunately I only put the windows in for a couple months out of the year now.

[QUOTE]One of the most maddening thing about 1990s American cars is the mixture of metric and SAE fasteners throughout, as Detroit gradually shifted over to the standards system favored by Communists, criminals, and the morally bankrupt. -Murilee Martin[/QUOTE]
aeroyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #17
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpill109 View Post
LOL Anticanman thats how i know it wasn't a fellow Jeeper. We know how to get into each other's rigs respectfully and know what to take when we do...
Respectfully?? Interesting. So he should have just opened your door, taken the permit, and left a thank you note. You would have been OK with that? I realize that wouldn't have been nearly as bad as slicing your window, but I fail to see the respect here.
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #18
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone ever thought of installing a camera system in their Jeep?

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #19
TA-YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

They sell a vinyl window repair kit that we have used on our boat and my jeep a couple times. Works really well and still looks pretty clear. It comes in a tube and they usually sell it at boating supply stores. Put a piece of wax paper on one side, spread it on, put another piece of wax paper on the other side and let it dry. Its worth a shot and a hell of a lot cheaper than a new window. Hope this helps!
Other:LED Tails and Herculined
TA-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #20
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Almost makes me wan't to put a note on my Jeep saying "The doors do not have locks in them just open them" I keep nothing in my Jeep, the registration, a garage door opener, a steering wheel club, an ice scraper, and the owners manual. You would think that thieves would realize that most people who own soft tops 1) don't keep anything of value in them and 2) don't lock the doors.

If they stole a parking pass you should be able to find their car and let campus security know (assuming you go to school) then you could get them to buy you $300 worth of new windows.
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #21
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
...You would think that thieves would realize that most people who own soft tops 1) don't keep anything of value in them and 2) don't lock the doors...
The problem with this logic is that neither is true. Many people with convertible tops leave all kinds of things in the vehicle.

Thieves are on a one-track mission, get into the vehicle. They aren't going to waste time checking doors.
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Did the pass have numbers on it that identify it as yours?

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #23
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baritone_mike View Post
Almost makes me wan't to put a note on my Jeep saying "The doors do not have locks in them just open them" I keep nothing in my Jeep, the registration, a garage door opener, a steering wheel club, an ice scraper, and the owners manual. You would think that thieves would realize that most people who own soft tops 1) don't keep anything of value in them and 2) don't lock the doors.

If they stole a parking pass you should be able to find their car and let campus security know (assuming you go to school) then you could get them to buy you $300 worth of new windows.
The problem with this type of thinking is assuming that the thieves speak English or even know how to read. Otherwise I'm right on board with you. I say out loud in my apartment's parking lot that there is nothing to steal and talk to everyone very loudly about my deck's function of needing a code after it loses power. Just so the right ears can hear it. My ears hear the proximity alarm going off every once in a while and Mr. .45 and I go see whats the "happy hap" and "who dat is" so to say...
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
Strikermike

Chillpill,
Take the doors to an automotive upholstery shop that does convertible tops. Thy should be able to replace the sheet of plastic.
Strikermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #25
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

We use a special heat gun and the plastic has kevlar woven into it but it still is the same process. I would just keep the heat gun farther away or go steal your wife/girl friend's hair dryer...but if that doesnt work, sounds like there is plenty of people on here that want to help you out and I would even mail you mine but shipping on a half door (just the fabric) over 1000 miles cant be that cheap.
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

that blows dude i hope no one ever does that to me. Why not take it to a shop that makes tops and windows for boats? they may be able to help you out!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #27
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Anyone ever thought of installing a camera system in their Jeep?
It'd be sweet but just get stolen.

Any recommendations for prox alarms? I'd like one that would go off if you touch the Jeep. I've heard of Viper but apparently they're sketchy.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
It'd be sweet but just get stolen.

Any recommendations for prox alarms? I'd like one that would go off if you touch the Jeep. I've heard of Viper but apparently they're sketchy.
I have the viper and contrary to the commercials in the mid 90's, there is no real snake that patrols your vehicle. There is a lot of beeping though...
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #29
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I have the viper and contrary to the commercials in the mid 90's, there is no real snake that patrols your vehicle. There is a lot of beeping though...
There's a lot of beeping that people tend to ignore. How many times do you walk through a parking lot, hear a car alarm going off, and rush to the beeping to assist in tackling the perpetrator?
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #30
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
There's a lot of beeping that people tend to ignore. How many times do you walk through a parking lot, hear a car alarm going off, and rush to the beeping to assist in tackling the perpetrator?
That is a great point! In my situation the jeep is isolated and there is no reason that anybody should be that close to it. My problem is with my neighbors who have seen me go outside on several occasions when the beeping starts. They know I'm vigilant. You can't rely on an alarm for anything, it is just there to warn you that someone is getting close. On the other hand the ignition kill function of the alarm will deter someone from driving off in it until I get outside.

The best security in my eyes is a clean jeep. If there's nothing to steal in sight there is less reason you'll be vandalized. Unfortunately there is no way to factor in the amount of pure evil that resides within a person.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.