Sliced window - piece of paper stolen - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Sliced window - piece of paper stolen

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Chillpill109
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sliced window - piece of paper stolen

Dear Jack *ss that slit my window for a parking permit worth $20, You’re not only the cheapest mother f***er on this planet, you are the most ignorant piece of f***ing scum. So you could save $20 you slit my window that I can only buy new in pairs at the lovely cost of $280. So, in reality you saved yourself $20 at my expense of $300 + shipping and handling. Just to make it quite obvious because apparently its not, my windows have zippers. HOLY S**T WHAT A CONCEPT. I don’t care about the ticket man keep it. Just unzip the window next time ok? Maybe if you weren’t trying to be such a bad *ss and slit someone’s window for a parking ticket you would have notice the door wasn’t even locked. So thank you prick I hope you enjoyed the Judas Priest concert because Karma is a f***ing b***c. Let’s just hope your throat doesn’t turn out like my window in the future.

Chillpill109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Feeling better now? Someone stole my glasses from my topless jeep one day...pissed me off as all hell, hopefully you can figure something out, how about repairing the window? I was just thinking about a tent repair kit and how it would work on repairing a soft top...actually now that I think of it I work and operate one of these in the winter...http://www.bigairbag.com/ When they get holes every now and then from sharp skis and board edges we use a hot air gun to melt a new piece of plastic over the rip on the under side of the top layer...its strong as can be and if your good at it you dont even need to add a peice of plastic, just melt the two pieces together into an almost invisilbe seam.
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its ****** nozzle, self entitled, jack holes like this that piss me off the most.

"Gimme that worthless piece of junk that I think I deserve because mommy told me I'm special. Oh, its inside something that someone else owns that I can't afford, so I don't think they deserve it either? Well, I'll fix that, I'll destroy it."

****ing *******s

Whatever happened to working hard to EARN what you want?

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Chillpill109
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i feel a lot better haha i was going to cut off the stretched out part where they dug their key into it and glue a piece of my old window over it to patch it but should i use a heat gun to melt the plastic already there or add plastic?
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well I would go to home depot and buy a similar plastic piece and try to patch a slice in that first by just melting the two together or by adding a piece behind it and melting that in...and if that does work then just junk your piece of plastic...if you need backing, use the peice that you bought as the backing. PM and I can explain better on how we do it at work, we use a special compressor that shoots out hot air but I'm sure you can achieve the same effect with just a heat gun.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
YJSteveD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. I seriously hate people like that.
I just bought a YJ today and I don't know if one of the soft windows will fit my doors. If it doesn't, I'll shoot you a message and we'll see if it'll fit yours. If it does, I'll send it down to ya
YJSteveD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Convertible tops have been getting slashed for the last 80 years or so. Sucked then, still sucks now.

An upholstery shop should be able to sew a patch on it. Won't look perfect, but will work till you can find a cheap replacement on Craigslist or here in the classifieds.

Good luck.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Chillpill109
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks steve i appreciate it

spuz, i just tried using a heat gun on an old window i kept from my old top. ( everyone thought i was crazy for keeping my old stuff) the heat gun gets way too hot even on the lowest setting it just burns the plastic i tried cutting a piece of the plastic window out and get it to melt to itself but it won't stick. Since i am in miami i may be able to find a boating place that will be able to fix it for me.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

my wife and i have talked about this before (she has a soft top TJ) and its retarded people slice the windows instead of opening the door or just unzipping the damn thing. hopefully you can fix it or find a window local.
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Supposedly it is PVC plastic. I have never tried it, but it is possible glue for PVC plumbing pipe will bond it. If you have some scraps, it is worth a try.
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
aeroyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Somebody cut my window just inside the zipper, all the way around so that it would fold down. And they didn't take a thing. That was 2 or 3 years ago now and it has been held together with duck tape ever since. The only thing I hate more than having my stuff taken, is having it destroyed.
[QUOTE]One of the most maddening thing about 1990s American cars is the mixture of metric and SAE fasteners throughout, as Detroit gradually shifted over to the standards system favored by Communists, criminals, and the morally bankrupt. -Murilee Martin[/QUOTE]
aeroyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

OP: why don't you do what we all do when this happens and put it on craigslist? Ya know, minus the death threats. I doubt anyone on here actually stole it. If they did they would have been smart enough to gank your doors while they were at it.

At this time I would like to clarify that I haven't been in Florida in four years.. It wasn't me.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
Chillpill109
1995 YJ Wrangler 

LOL Anticanman thats how i know it wasn't a fellow Jeeper. We know how to get into each other's rigs respectfully and know what to take when we do
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
Twiddler

People Suck. I added a motion sensor to my ride and never lock the doors but all this does is make a bunch of noise after the damage is done. I feel ya brother. Maybe he will catch syphilis and his balls will fall off...that's fair...
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
Chillpill109
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroyj View Post
Somebody cut my window just inside the zipper, all the way around so that it would fold down. And they didn't take a thing. That was 2 or 3 years ago now and it has been held together with duck tape ever since. The only thing I hate more than having my stuff taken, is having it destroyed.
That would have made me even more mad -___-
If it is the passenger side and OEM style top i have a perfectly good skin i can mail you ^_^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.