Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

She may be gone

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  xackley 
#1 ·
Well I know its not tech ...but I think I just sold my Baby

97 ...355,000... 2.5

Its going to a jeep lovers home ..he currently has a D90 and a D110 and a 05 unlimited

he's going to relove the green machine

$2000 as is to him its going to cost him another $2000 to safety and e-test it
just to get it on the road

this will be the first time in 32 years I will have no Jeep ....very strange ..I just can't justify having 4 motorcycles, 3 vehicles and an RV

It's been a blast guys

Thanks

#7 ·
You can never have to many toys! You'll be back!

#10 ·
Only synthetic ..what ever is on sale

now ready for this ....Fram filters ...I know I know ....every 5k

same for diffs / transfer/ tranny ...all synthetic what ever was on sale every 25k ( I still lost 5th in the tranny do to that stupid plastic clip)

brake fluid every 75k

same for rad fluid

never changed the clutch fluid ever

Just take care of things before they need doing

#12 ·
just don't push your vehicles too hard, treat them like your grandparents, they will break if you abuse them.

my dad has a nissan quest, lasted well into the 400,000 kms, the engine was about to fall out of the damn thing, causing him to retire it finally after a long 14 years of servitude. He never pushed it.

but wheres the fun in that? ^_^

#19 ·
It's on life support.
But then again so is the 2000 tj I am working on to get it back on the road.
It has been sitting in a field for 2 years, after years of negligence and mowing down trees.
Already have $500 just to just to repair brakes, lights, sensors, and wipers good enough to pass inspection.
But the reason I decided to post is that I have 5 motorcycles, all on the road.
58 BMW R69, 72 BMW R75/5, 1980 yamaha xs650, 1982 goldwing, and 2005 Triumph America. I like parallel and horizontal engines. Each has it's own personality, and makes for a different day on the road.
But I keep thinking about selling the R75. When you have over 4 motorcycles, progessive make you buy another insurance policy.
Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.