Selling my Lj... need help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Selling my Lj... need help.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
The_Trooper
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Selling my Lj... need help.

Well unfortunate events have turned upon me, and I need to sell my LJ.

I will be picking up one later when I move (probably a TJ).

What is a good asking price for it?

Its a 2005 LJ Hardtop with 58,000 mi on it.

Includes:

-Winch
-31" Coopers
-Side, and Rear corner heavy duty rocker guards
-new brakes and battery
-upgraded front bumper

Thanks guys, I hate to see it go and I would just try and get whats left on my loan for it..

The_Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Tough to call. As high as $16-$17K in SoCal/AZ and other spots, down to $13-$14K reported in some other states/areas. Really depends upon your market.

FWIW, my thoughts are with you and others in these tough times. Good luck to all of Us.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Brakes, battery and tires won't do much to improve the sale $$. It is true that bad brakes or tires may hurt a sale, but buyers expect these items to work. Kinda like buying a house with a water heater or a roof, expected.

The winch, rocker guards, and upgraded bumper will only add value for those interested.

Base your price on local listing, used car lots, CraigsList, even if it means going to look at some (kinda like when realtors do comparables when listing/selling a house). Promote well cared for (new brakes and battery) and slightly modded (winch and rockers), as some buyers are turned off by modded/lifted/off-roaded vehicles.

Every market and area is different. Also depends on how fast you want to sell it, set your price high and you may be waiting awhile for that 1 buyer in a 100 that loves it, price it low and someone will buy it just because it is a good deal even if it is not what they want.
Unread 12-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
The_Trooper
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Brakes, battery and tires won't do much to improve the sale $$. It is true that bad brakes or tires may hurt a sale, but buyers expect these items to work. Kinda like buying a house with a water heater or a roof, expected.

The winch, rocker guards, and upgraded bumper will only add value for those interested.

Base your price on local listing, used car lots, CraigsList, even if it means going to look at some (kinda like when realtors do comparables when listing/selling a house). Promote well cared for (new brakes and battery) and slightly modded (winch and rockers), as some buyers are turned off by modded/lifted/off-roaded vehicles.

Every market and area is different. Also depends on how fast you want to sell it, set your price high and you may be waiting awhile for that 1 buyer in a 100 that loves it, price it low and someone will buy it just because it is a good deal even if it is not what they want.
Thanks for the responses. Yup I just want to *really* get it paid off. It sucks I have to see it go, but I will be getting another when I can
The_Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.