This seem like an ok deal for a 2nd YJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > This seem like an ok deal for a 2nd YJ?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This seem like an ok deal for a 2nd YJ?

I saw this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3820172019.html but not sure if it's a decent deal or not. It's by far one of the cheapest YJ's I've ran across around here, everyone thinks they are gold I guess. Can probably get the one in the ad for cheaper.

Been looking for a 2nd YJ for a couple months now that is reasonable in price. The plan is to move all the running gear from my 93' YJ to another YJ. I'm swapping the motor, trans, TC, frontend, 8.8, etc in my 93 and replace them with LS3, 4L60E, Atlas, D60's etc. and all my current 93 stuff is in great shape so makes since to find another jeep rather than peice part all my junk out for pennies.

DLWRUBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

as you plan on swapping newer parts in it will work for you. be sure to use the fact that it won't pass smog with the weber to get the price lower, I'd try for around 2K if the body and frame are solid.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input and good point about using the smog issue with the weber. If it's always been a CA jeep it probably is rust free which is a must for me. 2K sounds about right for what I was seeing in the pics.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New carb, new trans and >>>? That is way too much money for a project vehicle. It should be around $1800. Keep looking!
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Could not afford to hose it down before snapping some pics? Wonder what else the previous owner was to lazy to do? I would keep looking. As mentioned, to high of a price unless you can get them down.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
DLWRUBI
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking then. If I could get him down to under 2K then maybe. All I really want is a decent tub and frame, no rust no damage. I'll be replacing everything else.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.