Seat belts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Seat belts

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Seat belts

So im sitting here makin a list of "to do" this for my jeep i just got, tomorow im tacklin the weber tune and vacuum issue. And while im workin on the jeep i wanna look at a better seat belt. With the 87 wrangler i have its got the standard over the shoulder 2 point harness. Since i have new seats thats more comfortable and all i was wandering what kind of harnes setups do they have around for them....4 point perferably. I currently do not have a rear seat but plane on buying and installing one so there lies my problem, with my 5 points i mounted them on a cross member ( X brace ) behind the driver but odciously im dealing with a DD here. Before you ask why, they old seat belt hangs up and just lookin for the looks but safty

Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you go to a harness go 5 point. 4 points without the submarine strap are a waste IMO. I was in a multiple times barrell roll a couple weeks ago and driver was not wearing his submarine strap (he was a large guy and it was uncomfortable for him). Even with our helmets and safety gear on he separated his shoulder and was concussed from moving around and hitting the cage. I was wearing all 5 straps and other than being sore I was fine.

And if you do go to a harness, you have to put a cross bar in behind the seats (which can be a hassle if your backseat is used often). From a safety perspective that is the only way to do it right. I believe there is a Billavista article on Pirate about it and also there might be something on Mastercraft website about it.
Unread 12-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep is just gonna be used for road use and maybe if i go
Hunting go down trails in 4x4. I do plan on putting the cross brace behind the seats, hopefully i can leave the seat fully extended back cuz its a tight fit for me since im 6'5" lol but i dont have a back seat at the moment i do plan on putting one in the future for top off weather, and they can just put a foot on the tire n climb over lol im tired of making a vehicle for others comfort n not mine
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.