27Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 10:41 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlaw View Post
I had a friend in high school who was very opinionated. He would always get upset or try and argue anything that was said about him. He was very rarely open to ideas different than his own and could never take a joke. To say the least, not very many people liked him.
Cool story bud.
Too bad for that guy. Honestly do you think I care if people on the internet like me ?

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 08:12 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
Cool story bud.
Too bad for that guy. Honestly do you think I care if people on the internet like me ?
Do you think we care if you care?

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
post #63 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 08:52 AM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Do you think we care if you care?
he seemed to think so.

but I think you care what people think of YOU...

Funny you are a popular guy on other sites.

"Not suprised in the least bit by their attitude. Mr Blaine is one of the guys who runs that site, and those of you who were around when i was a finalist a few years back in the Pirate4x4 Schaeffers offroad chassis giveaway may remember mr. blaine, as he came on this site and stirred some stuff up. Mr. Blaine was the man behind Chef's last minute run to win the chassis by having 100's of fake user names created by guys from golf forums and what not register and vote for him, well mr. blaine is also the head moderator on jeep forum. I do not care for his elitist attitude or his antics. I tried to search for the thread on here but it was back on 2006, and i can only go back to 2007 Anyways, no great loss not being able to access that site, trust me "

"Mr. blaine seemed like a such a nice arseole too, for a retard.
(I'd bet R O Fourm)"

"You can go to almost any other Jeep forum and find a HATE or BANNED thread about that particular forum (jeepforum). That site really is not worth a whole lot of time since they won't let you talk very much about products that are not sponsors to the forum. Yes he has a lot of members, but a lot of the are not active anymore because of his attitude."

So don't think that I care one bit what you or others think. You think your s%$t don't stink. I am sure you just like to see/hear your own voice.

Savvy this, savvy that blah blah, blah ....Seem as I am NOT the only one who feels this way about you and others who run this site/ part of this site.
Keep up the good work ....

post #64 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 09:20 AM
xxdabroxx
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Then maybe it's time you leave since you are obviously just here to troll.
jjvw likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 AM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

nah I am gonna stick around. I enjoy challenging those who think they are above the rest.
Judging my PMs asking for build help, from various members over the past couple weeks, it seems people are looking for different advice , than that from the 1-3 Mods/senior members that post.

But thanks for the tip!

post #66 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 06:40 PM
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nah I am gonna stick around. I enjoy challenging those who think they are above the rest.
Judging my PMs asking for build help, from various members over the past couple weeks, it seems people are looking for different advice , than that from the 1-3 Mods/senior members that post.

But thanks for the tip!
You won't last long,talk about being narcissistic.
xxdabroxx likes this.

Semper-Fi "81-84"
I.U.O.E. - 18
post #67 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 07:14 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
he seemed to think so.

but I think you care what people think of YOU...

Funny you are a popular guy on other sites.

"Not suprised in the least bit by their attitude. Mr Blaine is one of the guys who runs that site, and those of you who were around when i was a finalist a few years back in the Pirate4x4 Schaeffers offroad chassis giveaway may remember mr. blaine, as he came on this site and stirred some stuff up. Mr. Blaine was the man behind Chef's last minute run to win the chassis by having 100's of fake user names created by guys from golf forums and what not register and vote for him, well mr. blaine is also the head moderator on jeep forum. I do not care for his elitist attitude or his antics. I tried to search for the thread on here but it was back on 2006, and i can only go back to 2007 Anyways, no great loss not being able to access that site, trust me "

"Mr. blaine seemed like a such a nice arseole too, for a retard.
(I'd bet R O Fourm)"

"You can go to almost any other Jeep forum and find a HATE or BANNED thread about that particular forum (jeepforum). That site really is not worth a whole lot of time since they won't let you talk very much about products that are not sponsors to the forum. Yes he has a lot of members, but a lot of the are not active anymore because of his attitude."

So don't think that I care one bit what you or others think. You think your s%$t don't stink. I am sure you just like to see/hear your own voice.

Savvy this, savvy that blah blah, blah ....Seem as I am NOT the only one who feels this way about you and others who run this site/ part of this site.
Keep up the good work ....
Actually that contest was a lot of fun and due to the sour grapes nature of that post, I can guess who wrote it. I was instrumental in Chef winning the chassis but not in the manner that was guessed at. Chef is a friend and I was watching the numbers. Every time he would get some vote, Wally's supporters would vote just enough to pull ahead. That went on for days. I met with Chef and explained to him what was happening and suggested a strategy that I thought would get him the win.

I told him to keep lining up his votes but have everyone hold off on voting until the last couple of hours. He agreed to give it a try and when his votes slowed down, so did Wally's and Wally only stayed a few votes ahead of Chef all the way until the last few hours. At that point Chef dropped the hammer and told everyone to hit the vote button. They did and he jumped into the lead and never looked back. Now, it might be of interest to some that Uncle Wally was so sure of his victory that he called Schaeffer's a few days ahead of time and gave them his shipping address. I have no doubt he was a bit bitter when he lost which undoubtedly added to his confusion about reality.

At that point in time, the rules of the contest did not prohibit solicitation of votes from any where only that they had to sign up on Pirate to vote. There was also no restriction on how many user names you could sign up with. (personally verified by me) There were no vote shenanigans, only a bit of clever maneuvering based on a simple observation of how the voting was going. I also know that the author is a fair bit hypocritical when he was doing the exact same thing, lobbying for votes on any forum that he was a member of. Chef did the same, their memberships just didn't overlap. Chef was into sports cars, music, high end audio and video, video production and offroading. The loser should have gotten out more.

His head moderator comment is typical of his confusion. I have never been attached to this forum in any capacity other than as a member, a paying member, now a lifetime member, and under our Black Magic Brakes username as a paying vendor. I'm not a moderator, have never been a moderator, and will never be a moderator.

But, just like your control arms, finding a lot of folks that agree with you about something regardless of it's accuracy just means all you have is a lot of inaccurate folks and you really should consider the source.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #68 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 07:26 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnbc View Post
nah i am gonna stick around. I enjoy challenging those who think they are above the rest.
Judging my pms asking for build help, from various members over the past couple weeks, it seems people are looking for different advice , than that from the 1-3 mods/senior members that post.

But thanks for the tip!
Cool, let me know when you catch up.
Attached Images

Hosejockey61 and xxdabroxx like this.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #69 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 08:57 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You are not allowed to talk bad about Savvy on the Savvyforum...er I mean Jeepforum.

Seems like you are able to post these kind of responses about Savvy with no judgment or senior members responding . Any new member (like myself) posts up about Savvy and is immediately lambasted and jumped on....
There's a lesson there, see if you can figure it out.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #70 of 79 Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_hayduke View Post
I'm sorry that the Savvy bashing has gone as far as it has. Seems a little excessive.
Well, what did you think was going to happen? Folks like to dog pile on forums, it's what they do. There are always two dog piles, those who feel the need to jump in just because a company is popular and those who feel the need to defend the company for various reasons. Does make for some good entertainment though and it's always enlightening to see who climbs out of the woodwork to jump on the bash wagon.

I hope you get your issues sorted out and Marty gets you handled appropriately.

Not an excuse but a glimpse into how things go. I'm down to a few pair of knuckles for brake kits of one size. I ordered the batch of 100 pair last August. The castings hit the local machine shop in October. I worked again with them to get the machine work dialed in and they trickled in 2-3 pair at a time which I checked on my fixture and relayed back changes that needed to be made. We made a small change to move the knuckle up on the ball joints and the machinist went too far and didn't check it on the identical fixture he has to mine. They went from .020 below centerline to .025 above which was .030 too much and we had to reject 75 pair.

I've done everything I can do to get this correct. I ordered in plenty of time, I paid almost in full ahead of time, I have driven the 100 mile round trip to the machine shop at least 30 times to check the project at every step and I'm going to be on backorder here in a few days and there isn't one thing I could have done differently to prevent it.

I made both fixtures so we both are looking at the same parameters. I designed go/no go gauges to dial in specific parameters, I have hand carried and set up complete kits on the bench at the machine shop so the machinist understands the relationships, I have bought and delivered new ball joints, calipers, unitbearings, tapered reamers, etc. to get this perfect and I'm still going to be out of kits in a day or two.

Sometimes crap just happens. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses but sometimes all the things you count on that were dependable in your supply chain, sometimes take a crap on you and leave you scrambling. When that happens, I have a hard time communicating with folks because I am so focused on solving the problem, I forget that they just need a little hand holding to get by and since I am also a customer of a lot of companies it really should be easier for me to remember that.

Right at this moment, it's a balance between holding my breath that I don't go on back order, trying to forecast when they will get here so I can order in the other parts they need, and trying to just keep the machinist motivated but not irritated so he doesn't back burner my crap.

Email is the worst. I'll get one, it's long winded and it does need an answer but I go look at the other 50 I have that day and by the time I get to where I have a few moments to answer something other than an easy question, I have to go way back and look for the one that really needs attention and I don't always get it done.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #71 of 79 Old 01-20-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
g_hayduke
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, what did you think was going to happen? Folks like to dog pile on forums, it's what they do. There are always two dog piles, those who feel the need to jump in just because a company is popular and those who feel the need to defend the company for various reasons. Does make for some good entertainment though and it's always enlightening to see who climbs out of the woodwork to jump on the bash wagon.

I hope you get your issues sorted out and Marty gets you handled appropriately.

Not an excuse but a glimpse into how things go. I'm down to a few pair of knuckles for brake kits of one size. I ordered the batch of 100 pair last August. The castings hit the local machine shop in October. I worked again with them to get the machine work dialed in and they trickled in 2-3 pair at a time which I checked on my fixture and relayed back changes that needed to be made. We made a small change to move the knuckle up on the ball joints and the machinist went too far and didn't check it on the identical fixture he has to mine. They went from .020 below centerline to .025 above which was .030 too much and we had to reject 75 pair.

I've done everything I can do to get this correct. I ordered in plenty of time, I paid almost in full ahead of time, I have driven the 100 mile round trip to the machine shop at least 30 times to check the project at every step and I'm going to be on backorder here in a few days and there isn't one thing I could have done differently to prevent it.

I made both fixtures so we both are looking at the same parameters. I designed go/no go gauges to dial in specific parameters, I have hand carried and set up complete kits on the bench at the machine shop so the machinist understands the relationships, I have bought and delivered new ball joints, calipers, unitbearings, tapered reamers, etc. to get this perfect and I'm still going to be out of kits in a day or two.

Sometimes crap just happens. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses but sometimes all the things you count on that were dependable in your supply chain, sometimes take a crap on you and leave you scrambling. When that happens, I have a hard time communicating with folks because I am so focused on solving the problem, I forget that they just need a little hand holding to get by and since I am also a customer of a lot of companies it really should be easier for me to remember that.

Right at this moment, it's a balance between holding my breath that I don't go on back order, trying to forecast when they will get here so I can order in the other parts they need, and trying to just keep the machinist motivated but not irritated so he doesn't back burner my crap.

Email is the worst. I'll get one, it's long winded and it does need an answer but I go look at the other 50 I have that day and by the time I get to where I have a few moments to answer something other than an easy question, I have to go way back and look for the one that really needs attention and I don't always get it done.
Everything is all sorted out. My UA kit was delivered Wednesday. Marty refunded my shipping to make up for some frustration which helped a lot. As many others have noted, this stuff is very nicely engineered and built.

I got a coat of primer on the steel parts yesterday. I hope to get a couple top coats on tomorrow if it's not raining and maybe start installing stuff.

The only serious complaint I ever had was being told something was definitely going to happen "tomorrow" or "Friday" when it was days or weeks from actually happening. I can deal with delays. I don't need my hand held. I know **** happens. Just don't promise something until you're really sure you can do it and I'll be a satisfied customer. I just want to know what to expect. To use Marty's phrase, don't blow sunshine up my butt
post #72 of 79 Old 01-20-2017, 04:06 PM
eplumer400
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Cough...SouthernGypsy...Cough...Cough....
Where is he by the way? I always got a kick out of his posts, I haven't seen him in months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #73 of 79 Old 01-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually that contest was a lot of fun and due to the sour grapes nature of that post, I can guess who wrote it. I was instrumental in Chef winning the chassis but not in the manner that was guessed at. Chef is a friend and I was watching the numbers. Every time he would get some vote, Wally's supporters would vote just enough to pull ahead. That went on for days. I met with Chef and explained to him what was happening and suggested a strategy that I thought would get him the win.

I told him to keep lining up his votes but have everyone hold off on voting until the last couple of hours. He agreed to give it a try and when his votes slowed down, so did Wally's and Wally only stayed a few votes ahead of Chef all the way until the last few hours. At that point Chef dropped the hammer and told everyone to hit the vote button. They did and he jumped into the lead and never looked back. Now, it might be of interest to some that Uncle Wally was so sure of his victory that he called Schaeffer's a few days ahead of time and gave them his shipping address. I have no doubt he was a bit bitter when he lost which undoubtedly added to his confusion about reality.

At that point in time, the rules of the contest did not prohibit solicitation of votes from any where only that they had to sign up on Pirate to vote. There was also no restriction on how many user names you could sign up with. (personally verified by me) There were no vote shenanigans, only a bit of clever maneuvering based on a simple observation of how the voting was going. I also know that the author is a fair bit hypocritical when he was doing the exact same thing, lobbying for votes on any forum that he was a member of. Chef did the same, their memberships just didn't overlap. Chef was into sports cars, music, high end audio and video, video production and offroading. The loser should have gotten out more.

His head moderator comment is typical of his confusion. I have never been attached to this forum in any capacity other than as a member, a paying member, now a lifetime member, and under our Black Magic Brakes username as a paying vendor. I'm not a moderator, have never been a moderator, and will never be a moderator.

But, just like your control arms, finding a lot of folks that agree with you about something regardless of it's accuracy just means all you have is a lot of inaccurate folks and you really should consider the source.
The above is 100% correct.

I know both Chef (Adam, sometimes known as Socal chef on some forums back in the day) as well as Wally Sheata. I have been close friends of both of them for over 14 years & have wheeled with both of them many times. I paid for 4 days of Wally's honeymoon with Carrie if that gives you any idea as to how good of a friend he & I have been.

Chef (Adam) & I built my cage at Chefs house & have wheeled together a number of times.

Pretty much every time I go to Colorado to go wheeling I stay at Wally's house.

I know the whole story behind the chassis & Blaine speaks the truth. Period.
post #74 of 79 Old 01-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eplumer400 View Post
Quote:
Cough...SouthernGypsy...Cough...Cough....
Where is he by the way? I always got a kick out of his posts, I haven't seen him in months.
Not sure, probably out breaking Dana 30s on his off-road ranch hahaha
post #75 of 79 Old 01-20-2017, 06:29 PM
eplumer400
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlaw
Not sure, probably out breaking Dana 30s on his off-road ranch hahaha
With his 5/8" Currie body lift lol

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.