post #46 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlaw View Post
Yeah, I can see that. I'm in Oregon, so not that far away from the SW, but I still don't see really any advertising. Only big name company I've seen was MC when they brought their RTI scale to the Salem Jeep Jam last summer. I'm planning on going to KOH this year though, creeping up on me faster than I thought it would, so I'm very excited to see everything and meet a lot of the big name people there. Unfortunately everything "offroad" here in oregon is pretty much big diesel trucks and mudding. Maybe I'll even get to meet the wizard himself
I may be there as well this year. Have been in the past as a staff member and as a racer, but this year maybe just as a spectator. I'll let you know and maybe we can have a beer by the bonfire. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure.
That would be awesome, that's really why I'm going, to see the race and meet the people involved in the industry. You surely wouldn't give a beer to a minor though, would you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
This issue has been resolved, it turns out to have been an honest mistake from two identical orders getting mixed up. Savvy has been in touch with the OP and is taking care of it.
If it was an identical order issue, wouldn't they receive the the same product and not know the difference? Neither got it. Stop with the excuses already.

I'm tired of reading about excuses for Savvy's completely ****ty customer service. At least several times a year it's either KOH, backorder, or some other bull**** excuse. Let Savvy come on here and explain. Why do all the senior members here feel obligated to do so? It is such bull****.

I agree they make the best product. That doesn't excuse their service. It's unfortunate nobody else makes a product to that standard otherwise savvy would be out of business.

Also, regardless of whether Blaine designed the Savvy equipment, why can't they answer the question?

If Gerald or Marty went on the apprentice, they'd be the first one's fired.
post #48 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
This issue has been resolved, it turns out to have been an honest mistake from two identical orders getting mixed up. Savvy has been in touch with the OP and is taking care of it.
If it was an identical order issue, wouldn't they receive the the same product and not know the difference? Neither got it. Stop with the excuses already.

I'm tired of reading about excuses for Savvy's completely ****ty customer service. At least several times a year it's either KOH, backorder, or some other bull**** excuse. Let Savvy come on here and explain. Why do all the senior members here feel obligated to do so? It is such bull****.

I agree they make the best product. That doesn't excuse their service. It's unfortunate nobody else makes a product to that standard otherwise savvy would be out of business.

Also, regardless of whether Blaine designed the Savvy equipment, why can't they answer the question?

I'm not saying you haven't had an experience with them, but how many times have you talked to Marty or Gerald or purchased savvy products. I've placed one order through them, a very large order and it was delayed for some time, and communication was in and out, so not so great there, but I received a quality product. And most importantly, every time I talked with Martin he was sincere and not trying to give me the run around. He even talked on the phone with me for close to an hour about more personal questions at 7 at night. He is one of the most friendly people I've dealt with through purchasing products out of anyone and customer service was top notch in my experience

post #49 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The only reason they are still in business is because they sell the best product you need for your Jeep. Some people are willing to wait for it, and for a good reason.

I ordered my savvy stuff through 4lowparts. If they didn't have it in stock I wouldn't order it.

If you're willing to put off a wheeling season to wait for parts, more power to you. I guess the bottom line is, don't take your junk apart until you have the parts in hand.

Marty being nice or not doesn't change the fact that they don't deliver as promised. I used to defend savvy but I can't anymore. Parts are the best, but at what cost? Time? Frustration? Everyone has a limit. What is it for you? Good thing you're young.
TJnBC and ravenworks like this.
post #50 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
and customer service was top notch in my experience
Quote:
I've placed one order through them, a very large order and it was delayed for some time, and communication was in and out, so not so great there
Come again?
post #51 of 79 Old 01-14-2017, 12:03 AM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
and customer service was top notch in my experience
Quote:
I've placed one order through them, a very large order and it was delayed for some time, and communication was in and out, so not so great there
Come again?
The customer service was top notch because even though it was delayed I was kept informed and they continued to answer my questions even when they were regarding other things.
post #52 of 79 Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 PM
OJack

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toximus View Post
While everyone is here , does anyone have a measurement on Savvy's LJ rockers? Only the "step" portion. I'm looking to order them up but want to make sure they'll fit nicely with some body trimming I'm looking to do.
57.5" across the top. Let me know if you need anything else.
post #53 of 79 Old 01-14-2017, 07:47 PM
toximus
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJack View Post
57.5" across the top. Let me know if you need anything else.
Wow. That is so perfect. I'm sorry everyone in this thread who's complaining and saying there's better options, this is sounding like a perfect product and I'm buying now so I'll have it for the summer.
OJack likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #54 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 01:03 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You are not allowed to talk bad about Savvy on the Savvyforum...er I mean Jeepforum.

Seems like you are able to post these kind of responses about Savvy with no judgment or senior members responding . Any new member (like myself) posts up about Savvy and is immediately lambasted and jumped on....

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
post #55 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Hosejockey61
Web Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
You are not allowed to talk bad about Savvy on the Savvyforum...er I mean Jeepforum.

Seems like you are able to post these kind of responses about Savvy with no judgment or senior members responding . Any new member (like myself) posts up about Savvy and is immediately lambasted and jumped on....
I wouldn't call it the Savvy forum at all. Are people here passionate about the quality parts that Savvy makes? Absolutely, and rightfully so....regarding quality and engineering. Their stuff is top notch. It's easy to want to defend a product you love. We all do it.

What I don't like to see is the defending of piss poor customer service, that's all. I feel the exact same way about Rokmen's customer service. They suck. If a Savvy part fails though, at least they'll warranty it. You won't get that from Rokmen. Biffgnar did well to separate customer service from tech/product details. I just don't think you should have to come to JF to get your tech questions answered. It's more of a convenience because Blaine eat, sleeps, and breathes this forum. That's a really nice benefit for us to have.

So the bottom line is, I would be hard pressed to tolerate Savvy's customer service. However, if it was for parts that I absolutely wanted, then I may have no choice. The simple solution is to not take your junk apart until you have the parts in hand. The other part is to EXPECT them to not ship for 6 months, that way when you get them in 5 months you'll be happy that they came early.
post #56 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 04:18 PM
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
When I ordered control arms from them they were here in less than a week.

I've asked for clarification as to what is included with their under armor though and never heard back. Their descriptions on their website are absolute garbage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I waited 3 weeks about questions on their Mid Arm setup...didnt recieve an answer so I moved on...

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
post #58 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
g_hayduke
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, I started this *****-fest. I really didn't anticipate where it would lead.

Just to be clear, I have ordered several items from Savvy: gas tank skid, TC shifter, BL, and UA, all for an '05 TJ Rubi. All except the UA were shipped in a very timely manner. Also, I have had excellent luck in reaching someone there by phone in the afternoon between roughly 3:30 & 5. I have had no luck with email response but I don't find that unusual for a small business with what seems to be minimal staff.

I'm not making any excuses. I was pretty pissed about being told the UA was shipping when it wasn't. I have to say though that the quality on everything I have received so far has been great and the service on everything except the UA has been good as well.

I'm sorry that the Savvy bashing has gone as far as it has. Seems a little excessive.
post #59 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_hayduke View Post
Unfortunately, I started this *****-fest. I really didn't anticipate where it would lead.

I'm sorry that the Savvy bashing has gone as far as it has. Seems a little excessive.
Kinda hard to know without being around here for awhile.
There are some here for the free stuff in exchange for being a cheerleader.

Semper-Fi "81-84"
I.U.O.E. - 18
post #60 of 79 Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
Quote:

I had a friend in high school who was very opinionated. He would always get upset or try and argue anything that was said about him. He was very rarely open to ideas different than his own and could never take a joke. To say the least, not very many people liked him.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.