27Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:06 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlaw View Post
Especially when a lot of the products that can be bought through savvy are not bolt on, and often require various installation techniques depending on the nature of the build they're being used in
good point.

I would rather go to the Manufacturer first , then go to a forum for Tech questions. Lets face it they did the R and D to make the product to begin with so they should be able to answer the Tech questions...

we know there are more than 1 way to skin a cat, so to speak....the internet will give you a lot of them (some good / some not so good)

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:15 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
good point.

I would rather go to the Manufacturer first , then go to a forum for Tech questions. Lets face it they did the R and D to make the product to begin with so they should be able to answer the Tech questions...

we know there are more than 1 way to skin a cat, so to speak....the internet will give you a lot of them (some good / some not so good)
You are missing the point. The tech person is available directly as a tech person, not as a forum member. Being here on JF is just a convenience thing. And this is definitely the person who did all the R&D on their products.
post #33 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:26 PM
xxdabroxx
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Hint: He's a wizard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:32 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
You are missing the point. The tech person is available directly as a tech person, not as a forum member. Being here on JF is just a convenience thing. And this is definitely the person who did all the R&D on their products.
No I do get it Mr Blaine is THE tech for Savvy...I was speaking in general for all the product support out there. Would much rather go DIRECTLY to the manufacturer.

post #35 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:36 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No I do get it Mr Blaine is THE tech for Savvy...I was speaking in general for all the product support out there. Would much rather go DIRECTLY to the manufacturer.
Then I guess I don't get it. This is a thread about Savvy. You made some underhanded comments about them. It was pointed out to you that your comments were incorrect. Now you are back-pedaling and obfuscating. Your motivations in this thread seem questionable.
post #36 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:50 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

wow. You like to jump on me a lot on this forum.

We were speaking about the support for sales/tech through Savvy direct. So that's what I commented on, NOT that they have someone on this site to support.

What happens when a customers buys and they are NOT on the JF? How do they get MR Blaines support? They will have to phone/email Savvy and wait for a response is my point.
My point as others were, is that customer service/ tech support is important no matter what company or product your are buying

post #37 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't agree with anything I post...so that's not a surprise.
Quote:
Do I sense a pattern here?
LumberjackLloyd likes this.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #38 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:57 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:

We were speaking about the support for sales/tech through Savvy direct. So that's what I commented on, NOT that they have someone on this site to support.

What happens when a customers buys and they are NOT on the JF? How do they get MR Blaines support? They will have to phone/email Savvy and wait for a response is my point.
My point as others were, is that customer service/ tech support is important no matter what company or product your are buying
Not trying to prove a point either way, but I'd be curious to see how many people purchase savvy products that aren't on JF or something similar, just due to their lack of advertising
post #39 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Quote:
Do I sense a pattern here?
Cough...SouthernGypsy...Cough...Cough....
post #40 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 03:04 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You're still missing the point then. Blaine is not on this site to support. Blaine designed most of the Savvy products and supports them whether the buyers are here on JF or not. I have no doubt that he fields as many inquiries from people who are not on JF as who are. His presence here is a convenience for all of us absolutely, but there is much more to it than this.

Savvy has customer service issues. I wish for their sake it was different, but they do and I don't argue with that. But to criticize them from a technical standpoint is not warranted. For the products they have chosen to focus on there is nobody who has done more to advance the tech side of things in TJ aftermarket products in the last 5 years.

Criticism where it is warranted makes all the sense in the world. But trying to bend that into more than it is will be called out.
post #41 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 03:07 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not trying to prove a point either way, but I'd be curious to see how many people purchase savvy products that aren't on JF or something similar, just due to their lack of advertising
I think it depends where you are. Not unlike many other smaller manufacturers without large marketing budgets I'd guess regionally there is more that happens for them. In particular given their success at KOH in partnership with Currie. If you've never been to KOH and experienced Hammertown it is hard to understand. Sales into the SW part of the country with its desert focus and year round wheeling supports a lot of aftermarket companies when you really look at it. I'm sure there are plenty of us who know local fab shops who actually do decent work who's business could perhaps be a bit bigger if they had ways to broaden awareness.
post #42 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 03:16 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

my apologies then... I guess waiting 3weeks to a month to answer a Tech question is warranted. My bad.

Not sure what business stays in business with Customer service like that...and yes Tech ? is part of SERVING the Customer

post #43 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
my apologies then... I guess waiting 3weeks to a month to answer a Tech question is warranted. My bad.

Not sure what business stays in business with Customer service like that...and yes Tech ? is part of SERVING the Customer
I just skimmed back over the thread and didn't see any mention of delay on tech support. Everything i saw looked like a sales issue. Maybe I missed it. Again, criticism where it fits is fair game, but twisting it in to something else reveals other motives.
post #44 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Trevlaw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I think it depends where you are. Not unlike many other smaller manufacturers without large marketing budgets I'd guess regionally there is more that happens for them. In particular given their success at KOH in partnership with Currie. If you've never been to KOH and experienced Hammertown it is hard to understand. Sales into the SW part of the country with its desert focus and year round wheeling supports a lot of aftermarket companies when you really look at it. I'm sure there are plenty of us who know local fab shops who actually do decent work who's business could perhaps be a bit bigger if they had ways to broaden awareness.
Yeah, I can see that. I'm in Oregon, so not that far away from the SW, but I still don't see really any advertising. Only big name company I've seen was MC when they brought their RTI scale to the Salem Jeep Jam last summer. I'm planning on going to KOH this year though, creeping up on me faster than I thought it would, so I'm very excited to see everything and meet a lot of the big name people there. Unfortunately everything "offroad" here in oregon is pretty much big diesel trucks and mudding. Maybe I'll even get to meet the wizard himself

I want a J-Series
TJ Build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 79 Old 01-13-2017, 08:37 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I can see that. I'm in Oregon, so not that far away from the SW, but I still don't see really any advertising. Only big name company I've seen was MC when they brought their RTI scale to the Salem Jeep Jam last summer. I'm planning on going to KOH this year though, creeping up on me faster than I thought it would, so I'm very excited to see everything and meet a lot of the big name people there. Unfortunately everything "offroad" here in oregon is pretty much big diesel trucks and mudding. Maybe I'll even get to meet the wizard himself
I may be there as well this year. Have been in the past as a staff member and as a racer, but this year maybe just as a spectator. I'll let you know and maybe we can have a beer by the bonfire. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.