Which SaharaUnlimited OEM wheels to choose? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Which SaharaUnlimited OEM wheels to choose?

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #16
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

spokes

Unread 06-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #17
jeepinbowhunter
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Rubi Takeoff's
It is looking like spokes for now, but I have been watching for a set of Rubi takeoff's. With rubber would be great for the fall when I run in the woods dragging out deer
2006 XK Commander (Daily Driver)
2014 JK Unlimited Sahara (On Order)
jeepinbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't mean to hijack the thread but my question is related since quite a few are recommending rubi take-offs:

Is there a place that shows wheels offered by model and year?

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid
Don't mean to hijack the thread but my question is related since quite a few are recommending rubi take-offs:

Is there a place that shows wheels offered by model and year?

Thanks,

John
Quite easy. 2007-2012 had three tire/wheel choices.

The sport/x featured 16 steel wheels known to hold caked on mud and had small cheap street tires. This is still used on current base models.
The Sahara featured 18" wheels on Bridgestone 32" tires. These tires say a/t but to me look like a street tire.
Rubicon featured 17" wheels on 32" mtr's.
Mountain Edition and a couple of other editions (mostly sticker packages) featured rubicon tires and wheels, sometimes painted graphite or black depending on exact package.
There was a rugged brown Sahara that had the eight spoke wheels. I forgot what they called that particular edition. Definitely not an offroad wheel.

2013-2014 has Easter eggs all over the jeep in places like the windshield and even the wheels.
The sport base model comes with same crappy tires and wheels as 2007-2012
Sahara has a strange looking 18" wheel pictured in this thread.
Rubicon now has a 17" wheel that has styling similar to a 1980's camaro in a bad way, with most of the wheel painted painted dark gray or black.

So, look at pictures of 2007-2012 JK and look at what they currently show on Jeep's website.
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Quite easy. 2007-2012 had three tire/wheel choices.

The sport/x featured 16 steel wheels known to hold caked on mud and had small cheap street tires. This is still used on current base models.
The Sahara featured 18" wheels on Bridgestone 32" tires. These tires say a/t but to me look like a street tire.
Rubicon featured 17" wheels on 32" mtr's.
Mountain Edition and a couple of other editions (mostly sticker packages) featured rubicon tires and wheels, sometimes painted graphite or black depending on exact package.
There was a rugged brown Sahara that had the eight spoke wheels. I forgot what they called that particular edition. Definitely not an offroad wheel.

2013-2014 has Easter eggs all over the jeep in places like the windshield and even the wheels.
The sport base model comes with same crappy tires and wheels as 2007-2012
Sahara has a strange looking 18" wheel pictured in this thread.
Rubicon now has a 17" wheel that has styling similar to a 1980's camaro in a bad way, with most of the wheel painted painted dark gray or black.

So, look at pictures of 2007-2012 JK and look at what they currently show on Jeep's website.
Thanks, good info.

Tell me, what are the 17", 32" wheels/tires that are part of the Sport 'S' package? Same as the Rubi?

John
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #21
jeepinbowhunter
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
Thanks, good info.

Tell me, what are the 17", 32" wheels/tires that are part of the Sport 'S' package? Same as the Rubi?

John
No, the Rubi's all get Mud and Terrain tires and the rims described above. The S rims are a 5 spoke pattern.

JB
2006 XK Commander (Daily Driver)
2014 JK Unlimited Sahara (On Order)
jeepinbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #22
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbowhunter View Post
No, the Rubi's all get Mud and Terrain tires and the rims described above. The S rims are a 5 spoke pattern.

JB
Thanks, got it, there are two 17" patterns running around currently.

John

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.