Safari trim package repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Safari trim package repair

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Safari trim package repair

have a 95 yj Sahara. It's mostly all stock. My problem is with the door panels on the half steel doors. They have these pouches on both driver and passenger side that has like a bar top of it. On both the driver and passenger side the end near the door latch is bent from being caught on the seatbelt over and over again. I have tried finding replacement door panels but I can't find any with the pouches. I like the pouches so I don't want to get rid of them. How can I fix this so that they stay put and don't catch on the seatbelt all the time? Or is this a lost cause and I should just give it up and get rid of the pouches? Does anyone know where I would be able to find a Safari door panel that has the pouches? I tried looking through the forums to see if this had been addressed before but there's a lot of threads in this forum. The pouch on the back of the passenger side seat is also torn I think I just need to repair that one. Unless somebody knows of a way to replace that one as well.

Thanks for any information or help anybody has.

image-513725287.jpg  
Ileea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You could try daveysjeeps.com to see if they have replacement interior door panels.

If it were me, I would remove the interior door panel, then try a combination of some type of glue/adhesive and some pop rivets through the inside of the pocket. maybe even cut a thin metal plate and put on the inside to put the rivets through.
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You could also get an estimate from auto upholstery shop on what it would cost to replace the bar and fix the mounting.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you both for the suggestions. I had not thought about auto upholstery since I guess I just default to DIY. Lol. I will have to look at all of these options.
Ileea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.