Sad day at a Jeep fundraising event - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Sad day at a Jeep fundraising event

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 05-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Gelertazreal

Sad day at a Jeep fundraising event

Wasnt sure where to post this....

I was going to go to this today as im just outside of Edmonton...But I'm not feeling great.

http://globalnews.ca/news/573879/wom...oliver-square/

It was a Jeep Event to raise money for our local food bank called "Jeeps go topless" sadly this incident occurred.

Thoughts are with the family...

Just wanted to share this local news with you guys, and as its Jeep related thought it would be ok. No disrespect is meant by this as it only happened a few hours ago.

Gelertazreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
themadhatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

sad news, RIP.
themadhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

very sad news! Sending prayers for the young lady and her family !

Make sure the people you care about know it ! You might not have another chance to tell them !
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's just horrible. Very sad for the woman and her family, and what a tough thing to live with for the driver of the orange Jeep. Just horrible...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyone else notice that what I thought was a picture at the top is a video? It explains alot more about what happened.
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It was a pretty bad accident... I got there after it happened; but no one really seemed shaken up or anything. I do know that the guy who did it is in terrible shape... hes physically fine; but mentally hes pretty disturbed. I was actually hoping to meet him yesterday, as I recently joined the club that was helping with it...

Also, according to news reports, they are saying his engine was off, and that the girl was possibly IN a jeep; but thats incorrect. He had his clutch pedal to the floor; parking brake on, and foot brake pressed. The girl was either standing in front, or sitting on the grey jeep. I have spoken to a few witnesses over what happened; and apparently, the jeep just started to accelerate pretty fast... mechanical issue?

Anyways; the club really stuck together for the driver and the girl...
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
That's just horrible. Very sad for the woman and her family, and what a tough thing to live with for the driver of the orange Jeep. Just horrible...
He posted on facebook when he found out... I havent really heard how hes doing since then, but although its hard to convey emotion through text... you could see he was very upset... in fact, even reading the message could almost bring tears to your eyes. The message has since been deleted (out of respect for him).
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.