Rustys offroad customer service issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Rustys offroad customer service issue

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Rustys offroad customer service issue

I doupt this is the right spot ofr this thread but on saturday i bought a pair of rusty led tail lights, i was told by rustys himself that they have 2 year waranty on anything, so i get home install them and the one led light doesent even work, so i called rustys monday and they told me theyed ship me out a new one free of charge and thell give me a call later monday, so no call later monday and no call tuesday, i call back wensday and explain that i was told im geting a new one, and i need to get to work and this is my only car and cant afford a brakelight ticket, so she tells me ill call u back later wensday or early thursday morning, so once again i got no call, so i call them back 20 mins ago and explained everything all over again and she tells me rusty has my number and hes trying to resolve the issue, Legitly this is bs, there brand new and they cant even ship me out one? So bascially anybody looking for led taillights dont buy these, yes there nice but customer service blows, If i knew it would be this way iwould have just went oro litedots.... So anybody have any ideas i can get my money back from them for these because i have a feeling they are going to tell me there is nothing they can do.....

APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

i nots nos hows you wold go bout gettin yous muney bak, thats is a magor bumer thy are bran knew and dont wurk.
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

take it easy, sometimes things get complicated for them, put back your stock light, use duct tape if you have to... and wait it out... Maybe they will give you credit to their store to compensate you even?

and are you sure you installed them properally, i know when i redid the lights on mine, they would not work and it was because i did not properly ground it!
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
i nots nos hows you wold go bout gettin yous muney bak, thats is a magor bumer thy are bran knew and dont wurk.
wow thanks, i know youre trying to be informaitonal about my spelling but its hard to type this on a crap phone
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Benderff

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like to be "informaitonal".
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang_x View Post
take it easy, sometimes things get complicated for them, put back your stock light, use duct tape if you have to... and wait it out... Maybe they will give you credit to their store to compensate you even?

and are you sure you installed them properally, i know when i redid the lights on mine, they would not work and it was because i did not properly ground it!
I cant out the stock ones back on, i had to cut the plugs of to use them
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Damn, that hurts.

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a result of being tired, needing new glasses, or my lack of reading skills.
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why not put your stock ones back in the mean time?

Note didn't you already rant about this? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/rustys-led-help-needed-1071087/
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a new english language variant and I didn't get the memo?
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJeeper92 View Post
I cant out the stock ones back on, i had to cut the plugs of to use them
Just splice them back onto the stock lights.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
Why not put your stock ones back in the mean time?

Note didn't you already rant about this? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/rustys-led-help-needed-1071087/
not exaclty, i need help with the wiring colors since there was no instructions
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #12
calabrate2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I say return the lights, and make your own flush mount led tail lights. Go to you local big rig store pick up a pair of 4 round led lights and a 4 inch hole saw. It's a nice afternoon project and there are good directions on the web. Not to mention they look a hell of a lot better than any led light I've come across including those light dots and especially the led stock tail light box dealy.
calabrate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

i dont want to cut into the tub
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
JeeperFound
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've had my Jeep less then a year and have put less the 6000 miles on it. I bought all brand new upper and lower control arms from them and in less then a year everyone of the bushings have **** the bed. I called them up to explain to them what was going on. He was pretty decent to deal with on the phone. He looked up my account info to see how long I had them for. He said I've had them for 6 months and the warranty on the bushings is only for 2 months. He said he couldn't do anything for the bushings but offered me poly bushings for a few dollars less then what they're listed for.
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #15
calabrate2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I can respect that, though its not as harsh as it appears. Its a sweet and cheap mod many jeepers overlook
calabrate2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rustys offroad , led , tail light , customer service , advice , help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.