Rubicon "Imposter" Decal - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Rubicon "Imposter" Decal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #31
TNJeepMan

My 79 CJ looks just like that, with a 3 Spd V8 instead of the ole 4 Cyl... but its also a little more "battle worn". Haha.

Unread 12-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #32
That1guy
2007 WK 

My guess for that poster with the 4cyl was that the gas thing of the early 80's was making people want better MPG so I think jeep was just trying to show decent mpg with their cj's.
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #33
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

It's kind of funny that the OP hasn't been seen on this thread since he started it.

If it makes you happy, put it on there. But why do you want it on there? Did you option an X to have lockers, D44 up front and basically everything else a Rubi comes with? If so, I don't really see a problem, otherwise it just seems kind of silly.

But this is coming from a guy with AEV badging, who didn't actually get his AEV stuff put on by AEV. lol Hopefully, that's a bit different. lol And I soon hope to replace it with SRT8 badging (now that my SRT6 idea seems to have gotten voted down).
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:02 AM   #34
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^as long as you dont put brute on there your fine (unless of course it is a brute!)

i think he was hoping for more comments along the lines of
"yeah! spend 14 bucks on stickers becasue you couldnt afford a rubi, thats not lame as heell!"
and
"yeah! us jeepers are really known for approving of rice tactics on our wranglers, way to win us over!"

and not so much the

"im gonna call you a moron, but im gonna do it with a lot of words so no one gets mad at me"
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #35
y2k8jeep

Quote:
Unless you (or your father ha ) actually have a Malibu SS...
Yea I knew I'd hear that, but I wasn't pulling it back...I actually owned a 67 SS, a 72 SS, and an 01 Cobra. Saw dorks with their SS and Cobra badges all over the place...the first thing folks would ask is 'is it real', always made me laugh.

Nice car by the way, and like someone here mentioned I'd put a Rubicon sticker on it...
y2k8jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #36
rennypogo
2008 JK Wrangler 

To many decals and sticker on a Jeep looks like a redneck parade float. Sometimes it a good thing not to bring attention to your jeep while driving down the road.Just my outlook on this but do what you want its your Jeep.
rennypogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:17 AM   #37
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Is it just me or did a 1980 Jeep actually get 20 city 25 HWY and I dont come close to that on my 08. Good lord. You think we would have figured out how to make them at least as economical as they were damn near 30 years ago. Sorry for the hijack. And no I would not put a Rubi sticker on there. Suffer like the rest of us that should have sprung for the rubi and now have RUBI envy
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #38
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok, I have reconsidered and I think he should go ahead, but instead up Rubicon he has two options:
1) Rubi Con (which might go over a lot of guys with Hondas heads that it's a fake rubi, but would certainly let everyone with a Jeep in on the secret)

Or

2) Save a few bucks and only buy U B I C O N and place a "Type R" in front of them. It'll not only say, "Hey I've got a Rubicon," but it'll also let everyone know it's both fast and furious too.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #39
FatBuoy

I think this post was a test of the emergency broadcast system. It was only a test. In case of a real emergency.....

So far: Rugged Ridge front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier and side armor, 37" Toyo Open Country MTs, Argent AEV Pintlers, AEV hood, 5.13 gears, Teraflex 4" Long Arm lift, JE Reel front shaft. Flat fenders-Bushwacker. Superchips Flashpaq

Waiting to be installed: Nuttin!

On order: Nuttin!

Some day: I may grow up, but I seriously doubt it. Oh, and a Hemi!
FatBuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 06:13 AM   #40
funtimes
2007 JK Wrangler 

Having a Rubi and reading this made me frown. If it's not a Rubi don't claim to be a Rubi.
funtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #41
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

If you are asking for a vote - I would have to say No. I am 99% in the camp of "Its your Jeep, do what yo uwant", but I also don't like lars and cheats. Not calling you out as one, but if you put a sticker stating that your Jeep is something that its not...

This kind of thing always bothered me as a kid when I saw Monte Carlos badging themselves as SS. People laugh at those folks...at least I did.

Another example: A guy in college who drove a Toyota compact pickup. Had it all jacked up like the one in "Back to the Future". He would throw mud on it (saw him do it) and drive it around campus like that for a week and tell people he went wheeling. It was truly sad.

I have an X. Buil;t it how you want and be proud of it. Anyone can buy a Rubi. You can make yours better yourself and call it something else as recommended in earlier posts.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #42
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennypogo View Post
Too many decals and stickers on a Jeep look like a redneck parade float.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Green View Post
Is it just me or did a 1980 Jeep actually get 20 city 25 HWY and I dont come close to that on my 08....
the 80 in the picture had a tiny 4 cylinder with a handful of horse power.

Also, It probably didn't weigh as much as the 2008 JK Unlimited.

this thread could be the best one of 2008. The weather must be really crappy all over the country if this is the type of thread we get
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #43
96zjman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I put rubicon stickers on my Yj lol
96zjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #44
twobit
2006 TJ Wrangler 

get one made that says J-350 Jooper Duty
twobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #45
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Or... why not just cross both paths and add SS emblems on the side of your JK. Now that would be fast & furiously street rad with a rippin' street cred.

I added a Turbo sticker to the back of my Jeep and a chrome exhaust tip. It goes through the mud better now....
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.