Rubicon "Imposter" Decal - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Rubicon "Imposter" Decal

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #16
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Come on now, don't be an imposter . I always frown at the YJ that I often see running around town with rubicon stickers.

Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #17
Racin444
2008 JK Wrangler 

My buddys dad has a X model wrangler with rubicon axles front and rear, lockers with air compressor, the 4:1 transfer case, and the MOAB rims on his and he still doesnt have "rubicon" on his hood. Instead he has "icon". He has half the word "rub-ICON" because it wasnt a rubicon before, it still is an x with rubicon features.

Heres his jeep

http://wegotmud.com/pictures/11-27-2008B/100_5075.html
Racin444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

This debate goes on for almost every car forum "M3" logs on a 325i, "S4" logos on an A4, etc etc.

The problem is this.....Those that REALLY know what it means, KNOW what it REALLY is, looks like and what comes with it. Those that DON'T KNOW....well.....THEY DON'T KNOW...... so it does not make any difference to them anyway.

So all you end up doing is trying to impress people that have no clue and embarassing yourself in front of those that know.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #19
JeepGuyBrian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k8jeep
Why would someone want to put a Rubicon sticker on a X? It's like the dorks who put SS on a Malibu or a Cobra emblem on a GT....
Unless you (or your father ha ) actually have a Malibu SS...

JeepGuyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
p2000sk
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Malibu SS. Just wondering if you were thinking about putting a RUBICON sticker on the car? Even though its not a rubicon.
p2000sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

im in the camp that would call you names for being a rubi poser

but since this forum is more repressed than north korea... and so many mods weild their power like a drunken russian soldier...

i say get something in the rubicon font, leave the X, and deal with your rubicon envi like i do.

by outwheeling them without a lift or front locker.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #22
JeepGuyBrian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice Malibu SS. Just wondering if you were thinking about putting a RUBICON sticker on the car? Even though its not a rubicon.
Ha-ha, no, but I sense your point in the message...

Although, we did put a RENEGADE decal on our CJ build even though it never originally was...

All-in-all, ultimately it is YOUR Jeep so decal it however you like!
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #23
EdwinALink
1999 TJ Wrangler 

im in the camp that would call you names for being a rubi poser

but since this forum is more repressed than north korea... and so many mods weild their power like a drunken russian soldier...

i say get something in the rubicon font, leave the X, and deal with your rubicon envi like i do.

by outwheeling them without a lift or front locker.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #24
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prior2 View Post
They actually make or made a Malibu SS though.
Yes, but it IS an SS. They also make Mustang GT Cobras. He meant putting an SS emblem on a malibu that isn't an SS, or a person who puts a GT logo on a V-6 automatic Mustang.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSOEJeepGuy View Post
Although, we did put a RENEGADE decal on our CJ build even though it never originally was...
Some of those old Jeep packages did not mean a whole lot. "Renegade" was just alloy wheels, v8 and a LSD rear axle (and the decal on the hood).

Some were mostly cosmetic packages anyway. The Rubicon is one of the few that really has a vastly different options package (lockers, D44s, 4:1, swaybar disco, springs, wheels, tires, rockers, skidplates, etc) Also keep in mind that with the Rubi option you typically get a bunch of other little options an X simply does not always get.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #26
JeepGuyBrian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
Some of those old Jeep packages did not mean a whole lot. "Renegade" was just alloy wheels, v8 and a LSD rear axle (and the decal on the hood).
I don't mean to get the topic too far off track, but I have a quick question about the Renegade package. I too was always under the impression that it meant a V8 was under the hood, but is that true? I ask because I see in this old ad AMC advertises the new 4 cylinder with a Renegade Jeep in the picture... Just something I was curious about.

^Ha, I just realized that ad came from a Playboy... I guess that is good for a laugh if nothing else...
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I wouldnt rename it Rubicon, I would put something like "Rubicon killer" or something to that nature if I ever felt the need. I would be much more impressed when you can do more trails with an X and show up the ruby anyways.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #28
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think the "renegade" meant V8 in the early years and then just became a decal package for later years.

You will see similar things with some of the packages like Laredo, Sahara, etc.
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #29
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Damn... That 1980 Jeep ^^^ is a good looking little rig.

It would be great to have a stock, low mileage 1980 Renegade in my garage.

(I would probably not put a giant 427 emblem on the side!)
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #30
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Put "rubigrand" on it
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.