Rough country or zone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Rough country or zone?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 11-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
adatetofinish13
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rough country or zone?

i dnt knw which 4in kit to go with? can anyone give me a little info on which they like. this lift will be going on my dd also with every now and then of road driving.

adatetofinish13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Which kits in particular were you looking at? (For RC, Zone only has the one kit but RC has more than one 4" kit)

I don't think you can go wrong with either. For the money either kit I've heard pros and cons for each, but I think it comes down to personal preference. I put the Zone 4" kit on maybe 2 months ago and so far I love it; it works awesome off-road. It road fairly decent at first, but now its very smooth; I guess it needed to settle a bit. I'm very impressed with how well it rides. I also gained close to 5-5.5" of lift instead of 4". Keep in mind I'm only running a 2.5L and don't have much after-market armor, bumpers, etc.., but it still gave a good bit more lift than I was expecting. And that is comparing it to a friend who put a RC lift on at the same time (the one that is around $500); mine is a good inch or more taller than his. But then again, each Jeep is different...

Either way I think you would be happy. It all comes down to personal preference. If you've got the money, I'd go long arm, but then thats a different story entirely.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is there really that much variation on a kit? What are the variables??
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Is there really that much variation on a kit? What are the variables??
definitely.

the variables are quality, engineering, design, manufacturing and customer service.

you get what you pay for, and keep in mind no lift kit is 100% complete. There is always something missing. Its better to determine what your goals are, and buy components individually to fit your needs.

neither of RC or Zone would make a list of better lifts.

try:
Rokmen
Clayton Off-Road
Old Man Emu
RCD
Currie
Rock Krawler
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

also, unless you have the rubicon, you will need an SYE. If you do have the rubicon you will likely need a new rear drive shaft.
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

for your answer, go with the rc lift it is the most complete kit on the market today and you cant beat the price, also cust service is good and you get 10% discount for being a fourm member.
everybody will have something to say but listen to the people who run the lift not the keyboard mechanics and as far a sye you do not need it use the tcase drop for now and then upgrade down the road man..
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
smithencrazy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I personally have heard nothing but good things about the Zone lift. I am also in the market for a lift soon and am pretty sure I am going with the Zone lift. I have heard negatives about RC, but I have also heard that they have become a good lift over the last couple of years. I searched through the forums for info on both and thats how I came up with my decision.
smithencrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Neither
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.