Rolled the jeep on the way to school. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Rolled the jeep on the way to school.

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rolled the jeep on the way to school.

I was on my way to school and I hit an ice patch and fishtailed it up bank and it rolled right on its roof. Hardtop is destroyed and theres no luck of even thinking about fixing it. luckily from what I saw once the jeep was rolled back over was that it might just need a new fender, hood and front bumper. any pictures of your previously wrecked jeeps projects would cheer me up haha ive seen a few but seeing more would certainly put me in a better mood. Im doing fine and so is my buddy in the passenger seat. I didnt get a picture of the jeep on its roof but i did get one on the tow truck. ill throw that up in a few.

colton908 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any photos?Glad you're OK!!!

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did it roll all the way over or did it just flop on its side?

Sounds like you're ok, so that is good.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colton908 View Post
I was on my way to school and I hit an ice patch and fishtailed it up bank and it rolled right on its roof. Hardtop is destroyed and theres no luck of even thinking about fixing it. luckily from what I saw once the jeep was rolled back over was that it might just need a new fender, hood and front bumper. any pictures of your previously wrecked jeeps projects would cheer me up haha ive seen a few but seeing more would certainly put me in a better mood. Im doing fine and so is my buddy in the passenger seat. I didnt get a picture of the jeep on its roof but i did get one on the tow truck. ill throw that up in a few.
Glad no one was hurt. So, technically, what are you asking? There are lots of wrecked jeep pics on here and the googlewebz. I'd take this oportunity and have the insurance pay to replace the fenders with some tubes. Take the money for the hard top, buy a used soft top and let the extra cash cover your deductible.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah sorry bout posting this in this section, im still a lil shaken up and just thought about putting it in the general discussion section haha. it only rolled on its roof luckily, ill have a picture up in a few tho. the good thing is i have a soft top sitting in my garage!
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

unfortunately i dont have collision on my jeep tho! so this is all coming out of my pocket
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
unfortunately i dont have collision on my jeep tho! So this is all coming out of my pocket
ouch!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i guess the junk yard is gonna be my new bestfriend.....
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone ever heard of rockauto.com?
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
silver60th
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
anyone ever heard of rockauto.com?
Shhh! Don't tell anyone! We Cherokee guys have been using Rockauto for some time now...amazing site for rebuilds and repairs.
silver60th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
colton908
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver60th View Post
Shhh! Don't tell anyone! We Cherokee guys have been using Rockauto for some time now...amazing site for rebuilds and repairs.
haha id like to believe everything but 250 bucks for a new hood, fender and flare seems to be unrealistic considering quadratec was trying to charge me about 500 for just the hood and fender.
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Gina
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you didn't get really hurt! I've bought things from Rock auto, but never body panels. I'd check around the local junkyards first for factory pieces. Not sure what brand Rock auto sells, or how picky you are about body lines, but with body panels it's all in the fit..Sometimes aftermarket parts are just fine, sometimes the correct fit just doesn't happen.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
junkyarddog
1997 ZJ 

A good site for salvage yards is Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market I have searched through them to get the right color of part for my vehicle. I might of driven farther but it was worth it to me.
junkyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

here a really good rebuild u can read on here of a tj that rolled bad. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/to...roject-743507/
mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2010, 11:45 AM   #15
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i would go to a few junk yards in the area and search some will have tjs i've found a few around where i live with good hoods or bumpers or fenders. Some that were cash for clunkers will have perfect bodies on them and you can pull everything from one and save alot of cash.
mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.