rock crawler project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > rock crawler project

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
OutlawsCrawl17
1982 CJ7 

rock crawler project

Im going to be putting a 4 inch lift on my wrangler. My goal is to make a rock crawler. I was Wondering if anyone whose had some experience with this could give me a list of some unforseeable parts that im going to need to replace/ upgrade for this too work, it'd be greatly appreciated.

OutlawsCrawl17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
justanotherjpr

Steering, Dana 30 and Dana 35 are the parts you will break first.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You need to do A LOT of research. Read build threads, learn as much as possible.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
OutlawsCrawl17
1982 CJ7 

I've done lift kits before and i know theres complications. i was mainly wondering since im goin up 4 inches if theres a general preference to deal with the height to width ratio... do people usually just buy the wider tires or use axle spacers, etc. cause i dont want it feeling unbalanced.
OutlawsCrawl17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Axles, regear all the axles, suspension, armor, bumpers, steering, and a loving wife that will allow you to spend that much on a Jeep. If you are married and don't have the last item on the list you will regret starting this project.
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
GrouchyTim
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Go spring over axle. You'll get way better flex and about an extra inch of center clearance. And it's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. No better bang for your buck. And since you say rock crawler, flex is where it's at. Lift spring don't flex well at all. SOA is where it's at.

Tags
lift kit advice , rock crawler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.