Report: FlowMaster 40 series installed! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Report: FlowMaster 40 series installed!

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #16
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
I understand, people dont always do things the right way, but you just sounded a little harsh lol
Oh, no sir...that wasn't harsh.

atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Think of how harsh the cop will be when he wirtes the OP a ticket for driving an unsafe vehicle (that has parts falling off it), or wreckless endangerment. He could come up with anything. What if it causes a pileup on the interstate?

Get the pipes welded, no more possibilities.

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
GeekInJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose View Post

I have to concur. Saying something is a stupid move is not the same thing as flaming someone. I think I'm a pretty intelligent guy, but I've done stupid things in the course of laziness/lack of knowledge/lack of skill/lack of money/etc. The best people can do stupid things. This is just guidance.

-T-
GeekInJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #19
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmoose View Post
are you trying to scare me?

Im not here to argue. let the OP do what he wanst and if that is putting JB Weld on his exhaust let him learn. I just thought the comment

Quote:
Don't be stupid. If you cannot afford to get your rig fixed right, don't own a car.
was stupid and harsh. You are trying to warn him about the dangers, but then your telling him that if he cant afford to fix it right then not to even own a car?? That makes sense Im sorry but if that comment was constructive criticism then I must not know what it is.

And GeekInJeep your comment

Quote:
I've done stupid things in the course of laziness/lack of knowledge/lack of skill/lack of money/etc.
maybe thats what happened here, but there is no reason for a MOD to tell this dude not to own a car cause he makes one mistake. If we didnt own our jeeps because we made mistakes then no-one would have a jeep.
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #20
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
are you trying to scare me?

Im not here to argue. let the OP do what he wanst and if that is putting JB Weld on his exhaust let him learn. I just thought the comment

was stupid and harsh. You are trying to warn him about the dangers, but then your telling him that if he cant afford to fix it right then not to even own a car?? That makes sense Im sorry but if that comment was constructive criticism then I must not know what it is.

And GeekInJeep your comment

maybe thats what happened here, but there is no reason for a MOD to tell this dude not to own a car cause he makes one mistake. If we didnt own our jeeps because we made mistakes then no-one would have a jeep.
I can think of a lot harsher sentences to post than what Atomicmoose did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
havasu
On permanent vacation

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Better than a Saturday night fight!
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #22
hyzershot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so how loud would a 40 be on a 4.0 with no cat? That is an idea I have had floating around in my head lately.
I've been wondering this too, but most likely would put a high flow cat on before totally removing it. I can't remember where but I read somewhere that removing or even hollowing out the cat screws with the o2 sensor and can make one of the dash warning lights start going off as a result.
hyzershot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #23
odwaud
2000 TJ Wrangler 

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

But seriously, the flowmaster doesn't help that much. When I bought my Jeep it came with a flowmaster. I didn't realize I had one until I took a damp rag and wiped my muffle down and found out it was labeled flowmaster.
odwaud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #24
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyxTJ View Post
I can think of a lot harsher sentences to post than what Atomicmoose did.
as can I, duh, but this isnt a fight, Im stating what I think and he is stating what he thinks. I just think its funny that MODs can act like jerks sometimes and just because their names are labeled in black everyone takes their side, Im pretty sure they can be wrong too. Anyway let the OP do what he wants, If he decides to fix his damn exhaust with JB Weld thats his choice, if it falls off then it happens, if it doesnt and the JB Weld works then what are you people gonna say? Nuff said, OP if its temporary and you think the JB Weld will hold for a while keep it on there till you can "fix it right".
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #25
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwaud View Post
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

But seriously, the flowmaster doesn't help that much. When I bought my Jeep it came with a flowmaster. I didn't realize I had one until I took a damp rag and wiped my muffle down and found out it was labeled flowmaster.
You would realize you had one if it was a 40. Def. would sound a hell of a lot different in stock if you have two working ears.

And about the OP's deal. Weld it. Why do a hack job that isn't safe. I am a big fan of doing things right or not doing them at all. I know there are probably some parts of my Jeep that aren't exactly "right" *coughstupidbushwhackerscough* but those are from a previous owner.

Btw this is the internet so don't get your panties in a bunch.
Jetscuh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #26
atomicmoose
Just call me Moose

Quote:
as can I, duh, but this isnt a fight, Im stating what I think and he is stating what he thinks. I just think its funny that MODs can act like jerks sometimes and just because their names are labeled in black everyone takes their side, Im pretty sure they can be wrong too. Anyway let the OP do what he wants, If he decides to fix his damn exhaust with JB Weld thats his choice, if it falls off then it happens, if it doesnt and the JB Weld works then what are you people gonna say? Nuff said, OP if its temporary and you think the JB Weld will hold for a while keep it on there till you can "fix it right".
I was in no way being a jerk. Just callin em as I sees em. You need to toughen up a bit...

This will be the last time I post about this. If you feel the need to belabor the issue, please feel free to send a PM to Keith.
atomicmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #27
odwaud
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
You would realize you had one if it was a 40. Def. would sound a hell of a lot different in stock if you have two working ears.
Yes, I can defiantly can hear it, it is extremely loud. The neighbors hate it, but I was talking about the lack of noticable increase in HP or Torque over a stock muffler.
odwaud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #28
Luckyduck
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well after some heavy highway driving today I think it is still on there. I am going to forget about it and it will be fine.

CentralMass4wd.com

1993 Ranger 2wd - dd
1999 wranger 2.5 - it gets used for something
1978 international scout - being built
1998 Cherokee sport 4.0 auto
1957 CJ5 - restoring back to stock http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...54#post5168554
Bikes:2000 Ducati Monster 900: 2001 CBR 600 F4i: 1980 CB 900
my build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-build-thread-those-us-low-budgets-550786/
Luckyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #29
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwaud View Post
Yes, I can defiantly can hear it, it is extremely loud. The neighbors hate it, but I was talking about the lack of noticable increase in HP or Torque over a stock muffler.
Ahh I see what you mean now.
Jetscuh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #30
hyzershot
2003 TJ Wrangler 

to those using the Flowmaster 40, what did you do with your cat?
left it stock, hollowed it out or replaced w/ performance aftermarket???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.