replacing a front seat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > replacing a front seat?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
WildCard1

replacing a front seat?

Hey guys!
I just bought my first jeep today. it is a 2001 jeep wrangler sahara 4.0L 2 door. It is really the perfect vehicle for me, but I find the front seat pretty uncomfortable. just the seat itself- the leg room and all is great. I was wondering if there was a way to replace (at least the drivers seat) with a chevy or dodge ram seat? (those are the 2 that I find most comfortable)
How would be best to go about doing this? What dodge or chevy seat model would be easiest to put in the jeep? or is there any type of model or measurement or some type of undercarriage of seats that would allow me to buy a seat that is compriable? I've done body work and some mechanical work before, but never replaced seats or anything like that so I am totally in the dark on this one.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much guys!

WildCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would guess that seat width is going to be a limiting factor with a lot of potential JY replacements. Consider just putting in seat risers (although you have model with higher seats stock than those of us with later models) or big boy brackets to move the seat back if that describes you.
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
WildCard1

thanks for the quick reply! I don't need to move it back or anything. its just the lumbar support and the way the seat sits... and I think part of that may just be from it being sat in for 13 years. so is it the width of the seat attachment bar things that would be to fit?
WildCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.