Replace-a-top vs QuadraTop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Replace-a-top vs QuadraTop?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #1
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Replace-a-top vs QuadraTop?

Quick version. Replace-a-top vs Quadratop. Tinted windows vs non tinted windows. Gray vs black.

My top is starting to show its age, The drivers side half door window no longer zips together, I have a couple small tears around the seams in the rest of the top, and am missing 3 snaps . I have no problem with the YJ style factory top and my OEM hardware is still in good shape so I just need the cloth. The top that is on it now is a Bestop and from what I think are date stamps on all of the windows it was manufactured in October of 97, so it has held up very well over the years.

I have found two factory replacement tops. One being the Bestop and the other being the QuadraTop. I am happy with the Bestop I have now and they are Jeeps OEM supplier so I am sure I will get a quality product from them. The QuadraTop says it is a quality product and they go into details on the specs and is $164 cheaper but I am worried about this being a you get what you pay for item.

So any love/hate stories about these two tops. What do people think about tint vs non-tint for the small price difference a tinted window seems like a no brainer but just want to make sure. Does the tint significantly affect outward visibility?

Also what is the best stuff to use to seal up the top to try and keep some of the crap off of a light colored top, I am thinking something like scotchgard.

I like the gray color I have now, but if anyone is good with Photoshop and wants to put a black top on my Jeep it would be much appreciated. Would a black top look okay with the gray interior?

Replace-a-top
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11032_XX_PG.htm

Quadratop
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11000_00XX_PG.htm

My Jeep

Unread 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quadratec branded stuff is made by others obviously. The floor mats look the same as the smittybuilt brand ones. Just different logo. I'm thinking their top is the same.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
OlYellerTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Check out the Bestop Factory Outlet. I got a great deal on a NIB Sailcloth R-A-T early this year, <$500 delivered. I replaced my care-worn but serviceable OEM soft top ('02) with the R-A-T and it is leaps and bounds better: leaks=0, ALL the window zippers work well, it flips and folds up and down easily -- even in the rain. ;-)
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The sailcloth is $200 more than the standard R-A-T, and not offered in gray. The added noise reduction and insulation are kind of wasted on a YJ with half doors and no carpet. Are the zippers different on the sailcloth version? Did you get the tinted windows?
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Dingo1033

1991 YJ Wrangler 

My sail cloth top did come with tinted windows and if memory serves me icould choose my color too. As far as zippers they seemed beefier over my factory top, but then again my factory top was of an '88 YJ I found for a steal in a junkyard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.