Removing rust/paint work protection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Removing rust/paint work protection

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
catnip15
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Removing rust/paint work protection

2002 TJ 4.0L

Well being that I live in Michigan, the seasons are about to change soon and with that comes snow and lots of salt.

I am the second owner of my Jeep, the original owner was from California so there is hardly any rust on the body/frame, I'd like to keep it that way.

I don't know much about removing rust and doing prep work/painting but I assume it isn't to difficult. I have a bit of surface rust on a few common rust spots on my TJ that I want to remove before winter comes.

What is the best way to remove the rust, and what is the best product I can coat it with to protect it. I'm not looking for some fantastic product that costs hundreds of dollars and I don't have to cut any panels out and weld anything, just need to get rid of some surface rust effort winter comes and it gets worse.

What do you guys think? What's a good way to remove rust and what is a good paint to prep with and coat with after prep?

Thanks!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/stubby-02-tj-build-thread-dd-2523578/
catnip15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.