The Redneck Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The Redneck Jeep

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
Max-Q
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam1 View Post
I couldn't be further from that description. That's what kills me. I installed a new suspension, 2.5" lift and a new bumper; suddenly I chew tobacco and have a few missing teeth. (No offense )

People just don't get it.
Sounds like you know my boss he considers me a redneck for the same reasons. So not wanting to disappoint, when I know he's coming by my house I'll take the Jeep out and cover it in mud then park it in the driveway. He seriously gets upset when he sees all that mud dropping onto my driveway

He gets so mad about it he will constantly bad mouth me behind my back to the other guys. I find it funny that it offends him so much. I guess that's why I haven't been promoted

Max-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
nam1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
Most of the people in my Jeep club seem to be hippies. Nothing wrong with that...just sayin.
I would fit the hippy description but only if there are geek hippies. It's strange to assume. My wife has said all I need now are Wrangler jeans and a set of Justin boots and I'm done. Minus the belt buckle of course.

It's Friday. Were off for some roadkill.
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #18
91YJcharlie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well that was my understanding of it...I apoligise for providing false information lol. I guess I'm just a country boy then lol...though my mother is a coal miner's daughter...does that count?
Unread 04-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
fillerup
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well I'll be, I'm a redneck from Minnesota.
fillerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
bmw91
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionbastard

i'm not joking.
I was just laughing at the statement cuz it was a funny response. Chill. I apologize if you took it the wrong way though
bmw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #21
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I find it hilarious that anyone would care what someone else thinks of THEIR Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #22
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Contrary to popular belief you can be raised in the country and still not be a redneck. You can also be born and raised in the city and be a redneck. It really has nothing to do with location.
Unread 04-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #23
foxmb87
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw91 View Post
I was just laughing at the statement cuz it was a funny response. Chill. I apologize if you took it the wrong way though
I found it funny myself, I don't think he took it the wrong way though...or at least I hope someone wouldn't get that easily offended, but we are rednecks remeber, we tend to be a little insensitive and rough around the edges sometimes lol
foxmb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #24
actionbastard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw91 View Post
lol, i was joking, i'm not black.
Unread 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
actionbastard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmb87 View Post
I found it funny myself, I don't think he took it the wrong way though...or at least I hope someone wouldn't get that easily offended, but we are rednecks remeber, we tend to be a little insensitive and rough around the edges sometimes lol
well, if thats your definition of redneck, i guess i sorta fit it, but i'm not of anglo decent.
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #26
Ej132
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You all got it wrong being country or red neck is just standing for what you believe and not letting people including the government tell you how to do it.
Ej132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #27
bread61
1994 YJ Wrangler 

nothing to report here ... was red before the jeep and will be after
bread61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
Roadrash
2011 JK Wrangler 

Redneck and proud of it.
Roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #29
Luv-My-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionbastard View Post
thats actually not why they're called renecks. they're called rednecks becasue of some battle that they faught in the a-pa-la-chia mountains and they wore red bandanas to distingush friend from foe (i could be wrong on the friend or foe part, but they definitly did wear red bandanas on their necks). GET YOUR HISTORY STRAIGHT, REDNECK!
The origins of this term Redneck are Scottish and refer to supporters of the National Covenant and The Solemn League and Covenant, or "Covenanters", largely Lowland Presbyterians, many of whom would flee Scotland for Ulster (Northern Ireland) during persecutions by the British Crown. The Covenanters of 1638 and 1641 signed the documents that stated that Scotland desired the Presbyterian form of church government and would not accept the Church of England as its official state church.

Many Covenanters signed in their own blood and wore red pieces of cloth around their necks as distinctive insignia; hence the term "Red neck", (rednecks) which became slang for a Scottish dissenter*. One Scottish immigrant, interviewed by the author, remembered a Presbyterian minister, one Dr. Coulter, in Glasgow in the 1940's wearing a red clerical collar -- is this symbolic of the "rednecks"?

In the United States the term came from the later 1800's in southern Georgia and Alabama to refer to sharecroppers who worked in the fields thus getting a sunburned neck. They were called 'rednecks' as a term meant for hard working people. Today, the term is used by comedians and commentators to refer to people who are uneducated, close-minded and racist individuals. And apparently now if you lift your vehicle.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_...#ixzz1IbWEIQjL
"I'm a TJ owner, I dont go waving like a retard who lost his helmet everytime i see a jeep. If you like to wave so be it, I have better things to do like running over boxes of puppies while driving drunk and texting from the other side of the highway." - KKiowaTJ
Luv-My-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #30
actionbastard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lol, well i'm just repeating what the history channel said.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.