Questions: About to Buy 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Questions: About to Buy 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

December Specials at Jeephut.comROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
both311

Questions: About to Buy 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

New to the forum, I'm about to purchase a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and have a few questions. Yes, kinda a noob in some ways, apologies. I have owned a basic Jeep Wrangler X in the past and currently own a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi which I'm planning to trade in.

- If anyone has purchased a new Jeep Wrangler, recently, what is your experience on how much you were able to talk the dealer down?

- I havent been able to find any info on the 2014 Jeep Wranglers from a few searches. Is there any known info on when they will be released?

That's it. Any info on the purchasing process is greatly appreciated. Hoping to graduate from noob shortly. To be fair I've owned quite a few Jeep Grand Cherokees, but only recently started to use them for much offroad exploring.

I live in Chattanooga, TN

both311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just got mine at the beginning of May, we got referred to the dealer owner by a family friend so I got my Jeep at cost. Didn't require any effort but it was about 5-6 grand off to give you an idea of how much they can move. Check also for rebates ,Chrysler had a $3250 rebate on all new vehicles when I was there.

The ordering for the 2014's has just started, when I talked to the dealer they said they would be getting 14's near the end of the year, hence why I got mine now!

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaJeeper View Post
I just got mine at the beginning of May, we got referred to the dealer owner by a family friend so I got my Jeep at cost. Didn't require any effort but it was about 5-6 grand off to give you an idea of how much they can move. Check also for rebates ,Chrysler had a $3250 rebate on all new vehicles when I was there.

The ordering for the 2014's has just started, when I talked to the dealer they said they would be getting 14's near the end of the year, hence why I got mine now!

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions
You state Chrysler had a $3,250 rebate 'when I was there'...

so, when where you there?

how does one obtain the rebate?

Upon what price is the rebate applied?

I'd love to get that amount off of invoice.

Thanks,

John
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post

You state Chrysler had a $3,250 rebate 'when I was there'...

so, when where you there?

how does one obtain the rebate?

Upon what price is the rebate applied?

I'd love to get that amount off of invoice.

Thanks,

John
I believe I signed the papers on May 7. It was just one of those dealer incentives that you see on TV all the time. Ya know, like free iPad, free gas, no payments, etc...It just happened to be 3250 off of the pre tax price, it didn't have anything to do with the other deal I was getting. It was totally automatic and I never asked about it, just saying it can't hurt to ask! I know it seems like an obscene amount off but it took me a while to believe it too!
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #5
Jerseymark

Usually wranglers do not qualify for rebates, sometimes you can get low financing incentives.
For wranglers, Most people pay invoice or 1-2% below invoice. IMO, 1-2% below invoice is a good price any lower than that is a great price.
You can find invoice prices on edmunds, kbb, etc... Make sure you price the correct model and options since there is a big range in pricing.
Jerseymark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
both311

Thanks for the feedback. I had to do a dealer trade since the 6-speed manual in black doesn't seem to be anywhere near these parts, but was able to get right above invoice, so not too bad. I'm jealous of the fellow who got the 3250 rebate! Feels like it's the worst time to purchase a new 2013, but seems like it'd be a waste if I wait until end of summer or fall.

Looking forward to getting it in Monday. Seems to be slightly better than my 2003 Wrangler X was
both311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by both311 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I had to do a dealer trade since the 6-speed manual in black doesn't seem to be anywhere near these parts, but was able to get right above invoice, so not too bad. I'm jealous of the fellow who got the 3250 rebate! Feels like it's the worst time to purchase a new 2013, but seems like it'd be a waste if I wait until end of summer or fall.

Looking forward to getting it in Monday. Seems to be slightly better than my 2003 Wrangler X was
Awesome! Congrats, you're gonna have a blast with it! What do the specs look like on it?

Tags
sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.