Pulled a Fellow Jeep out in wading Riverlong island..anyones jeep? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Pulled a Fellow Jeep out in wading Riverlong island..anyones jeep?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #61
Nick B
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
No good deed goes unpunished.
One time I found a girls wallet . It was filled with credit cards, DL, money, ect. I get her number from the phone book and call her to say I found it and next thing I know she's insinuating that I stole it !
Next time I'll throw it in a mailbox.

Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #62
WAD357
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDirtyEnough View Post
lixjguy - wheres that trail .. exactly?
TOP SECRET!
1989 XJ White 3" 33x12.50's 8.8 4:10s locked
89 XJ blue 4.5" RC Lift on 33's sold
97 XJ STOCK sold
1993 XJ Lifted and rotted donor for 89 sold
1986 Notch H/C/I 4:10's the usual bs...
WAD357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #63
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixjguy View Post
Just found out....my buddy ran his plate and called the guy and theguy just picked it up and was all pissed about his hood latch that was broken that we didn't do lol. But did thank us for getting it out. He went out last sat in the snow storm and got it stuck but left it there keys and all bc he was pissed. Oh well. He's got it back
Thanks for the update. He's fortunate it all worked out (minus the hood latch).

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #64
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you go wheeling alone, which is stupid, you better have a winch, tree strap, shovel, and other recovery gear.

Once wheeling alone, being stupid, I got high centered on a berm, it was -25 outside and I was glad to have my winch. I pulled out 10 feet of winch line at a time, and had to got inside to warm up my fingers at least four times. Thought I was gonna get frost bite. I anchored the winch line on a thin tree and I thought I was gonna break it, I'd be screwed if it did. I was less than one mile from a paved road, but I'd be damned if I'd leave my Jeep alone there and to look for help. I winched myself out and learned a damn good lesson.

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

Last edited by rpiereck; 01-04-2010 at 04:04 PM..
rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #65
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Wow, in Alaska, no kidding not to go wheeling alone! The moose alone are enough to worry about I've been told.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #66
jeepinmichguy_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
If you go wheeling alone, which is stupid, you better have a winch, tree strap, shovel, and other recovery gear.

Once wheeling alone, being stupid, I got high centered on a berm, it was -25 outside and I was glad to have my winch. I pulled out 10 feet of winch line at a time, and had to got inside to warm up my fingers at least four times. Thought I was gonna get frost bite. I anchored the winch line on a thin tree and I thought I was gonna break it, I'd be screwed if it did. I was less than one mile from a paved road, but I'd be damned if I'd leave my Jeep alone there and to look for help. I winched myself out and learned a good damn good lesson.

you sir are crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #67
04WJny
1987 YJ Wrangler 

try asking on OutlawedOffroad.com its a long island offroad forum. so far theres over 200 members
In the process of putting in an 8.8, d30, 4.10's, SOA, and a homemade belly up skid
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sloooooow-blue-yj-build-1234350"]My YJ Build[/URL][/CENTER]
04WJny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #68
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04WJny View Post
try asking on OutlawedOffroad.com its a long island offroad forum. so far theres over 200 members
You realize this is a year old already, right?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #69
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's an old post but going strictly by my personal experience with long island ...It was stolen and then abandoned.
Happened to me but I never got the car back in one piece, What I got back was a crispy hulk worth $0.00 and some cents.
I would have paid $5000 to get it sent back, It was a completely cherry 79 trans am T tops and 6.6
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #70
jschroeder423
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Coram....where do you LIers go wheeling?
jschroeder423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #71
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
No good deed goes unpunished.
Dammit, you beat me to it..
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #72
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

We used to carry recovery anchors in the military. If we got stuck, you bury this thing about 30 feet away, two to three feet down with a trench for the cable to come out and you can hook your winch to it and winch yourself out.
I've seen people use boat anchors too, but some of them have cast attaching rings that would just snap off with the force a winch can put on them.
Never got to use one, but heard stories of some of the guys in Egypt having to with the sand.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #73
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
We used to carry recovery anchors in the military. If we got stuck, you bury this thing about 30 feet away
You can do the same thing with a spare tire or really any other heavy/bulky object you can attach a winch line to and bury. Burying a spare tire is pretty tiring though, especially if you have to move it a couple of times.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.