Project start 1st jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Project start 1st jeep

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
maestro89
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Project start 1st jeep

Hey people so I just bought my first jeep, wrangler tj 99 4 banger 5 speed 98kmiles, pretty much bone stock as far as I know. Beautiful frame. I changed most of the fluids except the differentials and I already have the stuff for it, as well as fixing a few things here and there.

I'm excited to make the forest green soft top look mean and i already had some thoughts, as it is a jeep. BEAR IN MIND: I'm not rich, in fact I'm a 23 yr old living on my own, I'm on a budget. I wouldn't want to do anything that will kill its resale value, quite the opposite. And I want it tasteful, a huge lift is out (1-3?), they are top heavy enough for me...It's a jeep anyway I can go anywhere!

1. Rear bumper. I'm undecided but I think I like the tubular bumpers. My jeep came with NO rear bumper so that's why it's number 1.

2.front bumper same design as the back, I want extra fog lamps and a winch to add. I do use 4wd as needed

3. Fenders/Tub. The plastics on the front left were already banged up as it is and needs to be replaced. I want brush guards as well. The metal panels have some rust and the back right could use slight repair, nothing serious.. A hammer

4. INTERIOR. I want to take out the carpets to spray with a bed liner, any suggestions? Also, I hate the seats, even though a stock they are in pretty good shape, I want durable leather.

5. Tires/Rims. I want a blacked out look. Again, budget. I'd prefer something maybe slightly large for stock so I could be nudged into the next item..

6. Lift. 2 inches at most. I'm not too flashy or don't want to be too uneconomical

I'm open to any input you guys may have, I'm sure I can get good advise on where to get cheap parts and what/ how to do it. So far I love the jeep and the general 'community' sort surrounding seems cool too. Cheers everybody and if you have any questions as well, I'll answer back ASAP, and try to check in ongoingo

maestro89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.