Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Post pics of your wrangler in use during the upcoming storm 1/31/11

6K views 64 replies 37 participants last post by  rdtj 
#1 ·
With large swaths of the country predicted to get slammed with more winter weather I thought I'd try something I've not seen done before, a real time weather event based picture thread. So if you get hit with some winter or severe weather THIS WEEK please post a pic of your jeep out in it BEFORE Friday.

I'm predicting a few pics

#2 ·
I'm SO excited for this storm! I keep looking out the window in my office for snowflakes but still none to be seen. I know we won't see anything major until tomorrow night but I pray it's EPIC! I grew up in the U.P. of MI so this will seem like a fall day for me.

Those are inches!!

Attachments

#4 ·
Up in Northeast IL myself. I thought I was the only sicko who actually looked forward to this kind of weather. Bring it!!

#7 ·
Looks like we will only end up getting some fairly light rain/freezing rain here in Washington DC, and even if we got lots of snow I would only be able to use the Jeep to get back and forth to my Dump Truck Plow...sucks being a plowman, I can only play in the snow in my work truck :(

#8 ·
I live right between Milwaukee and Chicago. Should be getting a total of about 20 in the next few days. Just put on new GY Wrangler Authority tires. Will see how they do. The GF drives the Jeep in winter. I drive my GMC Sierra Z71 Have fun guys and be safe. BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 · (Edited)
Here's a few crappy cell phone shots from this morning of the snow outside Boston. The YJ has about 2 feet around it in the backyard, you can't even see the car trailer next to it, and the snow piles at work are a little higher than my TJ. January was supposedly the snowiest month in history up here.

More coming today - 12-16" in my area. Fun. :thumbdown:

Pete

Attachments

#13 ·
I realize these aren't Jeep pics but I took a picture in front of my place at midnight last night expecting to be snowed in today but the change to this morning is negligible. A buddy took the other photo of the bread isle at the grocery store. Gas stations had long lines and some even ran out of gas.

Attachments

#17 ·
I am on the borderline of ice and snow and as time goes on, it is looking like more snow. Ice + high wind = no power, no heat (minimal heat) and no water. I also have rentals in town. What a disaster!!

I am hoping for snow!!!

#18 ·
we are currently in the middle of getting several inches of sleet and who knows what else.

The Mrs drove her 2wd stick XJ to work this morning so needless to say I'm going to have to pick her up in the YJ when she gets off.

pics to follow

#19 ·
We are about to get pounded by the wind more than the snow. With 4in of fluffy snow patiently waiting on the ground to be blown around by 30mph winds, tonight will be a crappy 30mile drive home.
Not a wheelin pic but post-wheelin sitting behind the bar. The wife and I went ripping through some deep hay/bean feilds and got the wheels packed with hard snow and had to pull over to get it out so not to shake ourselves to death on the highway.

#33 ·
This can't be good!
(it's what happens when you get to work from home and you have Photoshop!)
The Bumble will save you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 ·
I have heard "Good thing you have that Jeep" about 10 times today! The downside is that my boss already said that I should be the last two leave today because "I have that Jeep". All I can say is why would someone buy a sports car for a DD when you live in the midwest? Jeeps work the best in the snow and sunshine :)

#27 ·
Tell him that you don't want to sit in three hours of traffic with everyone that doesn't have a Jeep. Honestly in the Chicago area a 4x4 is really not needed all but maybe 5 days a year. We normally just don't get that much snow.

#28 ·
Sports cars are a lot of fun. I like them also. British ones mostly - MGs, Triumphs, and Jags.:thumbsup:

They are awesome in the Spring, Summer, and Fall in New England.:thumbsup:

But, they are not the car to have TODAY in New England.:thumbdown::rofl:

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.