Passenger seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Passenger seat

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Anne

Passenger seat

My 2003 Wrangler's passenger seat no longer folds and flips forward. Any suggestions on how to dismantle and fix this?

Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is the latch still working - can the back still flip forward? Or does the latch not disengage anymore?

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Anne

The latch is not engaged; the seat will not flip forward.
I tried unsuccessfully to access the latch by removing the screw on the side of the seat. There still was not enough room.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Thinking your best bet is to unbolt the whole thing from the floor and work out of the jeep with it man.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.