Our New Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Our New Jeep

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
SlipMahoney
2013 JK Wrangler 

Our New Jeep

New jeep owner here. Didnt know this was a world un to itself. Proud to be part of it. I have always had a front end cover to protect the hood and grill from road crap. Any suggestions on which may be good and which will not damage the paint on the hood ? Thanks for having me, SlipMahoney

SlipMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Install a clear bra. I believe it's called "clearplex". It's clear film that adhears to the paint and is self healing. Great stuff. You'll need a detail shop to install it.
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations on the new Jeep.

Personally I'd only do a clear bra if it covers the entire hood. I don't like how some just stop a few inches up, and leaves a line. I'm not sure about the modern clear bras, but the originals use to seem to yellow over time (a friend has one on his Porsche that has done so, and it has that line).

I just keep the grill and hood on my Jeep well waxed (Zaino actually), which helps to clean the bugs, road gunk, and mud off of the paint.

Enjoy!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Congratulations on the new Jeep.

Personally I'd only do a clear bra if it covers the entire hood. I don't like how some just stop a few inches up, and leaves a line. I'm not sure about the modern clear bras, but the originals use to seem to yellow over time (a friend has one on his Porsche that has done so, and it has that line).

I just keep the grill and hood on my Jeep well waxed (Zaino actually), which helps to clean the bugs, road gunk, and mud off of the paint.

Enjoy!
Old clear bras did yellow over time. The new ones don't. Also, you can request how much coverage the clear bra will cover. It just depends how much $ you wanna spend.
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

I support any type of clear bra.
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
95YamJam
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the jeep! Pics would be great.
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It seems the aerodynamic characteristics of our Jeeps cause whatever debris may be floating around in the road to be sucked into a vortex right into your windshield. If I were you, I'd be more worried about that.

Besides, it's a Jeep. A little scratch here and there isn't going to hurt a single thing, just adds character.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
SlipMahoney
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. I am working on these options and will post a few photos as soon as I can. Thanks again !
SlipMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.