Opinions needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Opinions needed

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
95yjkevin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Opinions needed

Here is my Jeep. It has a suspension lift and 31" tires. This is how I bought the Jeep. I think the tires seem a little small for the lift. I have twin boys so that means I have very little money to spend on the Jeep. I have actually been thinking of taking the lift out. I am a newbie....how much work would that be? Or should I leave it like it is? I am open to any suggestions, but try to be nice. I don't off road much, a few dirt roads but that is about all.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=jeep.jpg

95yjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd leave it. If you take out the lift, you in the least need new leaf springs and shocks. The tires will wear out sooner or later so you'll be needing to buy new ones.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you want it out you will have to get a set of stock springs and shocks, maybe you can find some one to trade with. 31s will fit with stock springs. I agree it looks a little tall, otherwise when you go to new tires get 33s that should make look better.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats just about what my TJ looks like as far as lift to tire size ratio. I say keep it. Yes my tires look a bit small for my lift and I plan on going with bigger tires eventually but I keep up with my club for the most part offroad and I never have to worry about rubbing.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
95yjkevin
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I really want to get into some 33's. I have a Mountaineer in need of new tires so I can't justify replacing the Jeep rubber right now. I am keeping my eye on Craigslist, hoping to find someone trying to get out of their 33's.
95yjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift and tire combination , lift help , lift kit advice , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.