Okay, here is my list. What do you think? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Okay, here is my list. What do you think?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, here is my list. What do you think?

I plan on ordering tomorrow:
-RC 2.5" $300
-1" PA BL $90
-SRC Classic frotn bumper with D-rings by smitty built $159.99
-Classic rock crawler rear bumper with d-rings and tire carrier $349.99

$898.99 total, I plan on ordering from 4 wheel parts, they give 10% active duty discount.. But they don't have the Rough Country lift I am ordering it from another site I found today. They also give a military discount.

Thoughts?

MULIEFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULIEFEVER View Post
I plan on ordering tomorrow:
-RC 2.5" $300
-1" PA BL $90
-SRC Classic frotn bumper with D-rings by smitty built $159.99
-Classic rock crawler rear bumper with d-rings and tire carrier $349.99

$898.99 total, I plan on ordering from 4 wheel parts, they give 10% active duty discount.. But they don't have the Rough Country lift I am ordering it from another site I found today. They also give a military discount.

Thoughts?
looks like a nice setup, what tires you planning on running
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I am going to run the tires that came with my jeep through winter. They are a no name 31x10.50. and then in the spring I am going to buy a full set of rims and tires. Tires I am going to run General Grabber AT2's 33x12.50's , and for rims some outlaw II's

I have the At2's on my tacoma, Love them!!
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULIEFEVER View Post
Well, I am going to run the tires that came with my jeep through winter. They are a no name 31x10.50. and then in the spring I am going to buy a full set of rims and tires. Tires I am going to run General Grabber AT2's 33x12.50's , and for rims some outlaw II's

I have the At2's on my tacoma, Love them!!
do you know the backspace on the outlaw II. if the backspace is anything like "4.5 or "5 then your gonna run into rubbing issues while turning. if their 3.75 or "4 then looks like your setup is good to go
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

New 15x8 Rebel Outlaw II Wheel/Rim(s) 5-114.3 5x4.5 15:eBay Motors (item 390053756296 end time Oct-18-09 06:40:09 PDT)

I am not sure? I know you can get them in either a 15x8 or 15x10
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you call Rough Country and ask for Jeffery they will give you a 10% Discount if you mention you are a forum member, you should see if they will give you an active military discount too. I know when I ordered from the they gave me the 10% plus a good deal on shipping. I would order the body lift, 2.5" combo if I were you. You may also want to look at their motor mount lift too.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
If you call Rough Country and ask for Jeffery they will give you a 10% Discount if you mention you are a forum member, you should see if they will give you an active military discount too. I know when I ordered from the they gave me the 10% plus a good deal on shipping. I would order the body lift, 2.5" combo if I were you. You may also want to look at their motor mount lift too.
When I ordered they said the military discount is 10% but you can't double-up on the discounts. Could've changed since then though...
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just realized they had the 2.5" and body lift combo! I will buy that.

Now, I have read that the MML is a waist of time and money. But, I have also read that it is a must. It seems to me that if it was so important, RC would iclude it in there kit. What are your thoughts? I obviously don't want any vibes, or issues.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ANyone? Should I get the MML? I don't know!
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yes.

10 char.
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #11
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Affirmative on the MML, IMO better safe than sorry. A MML will in theory correct the driveline issues that a SL created, coupled with a body lift. This way hopefully a transfer case drop can be avoided.

Sorry for the short "grey" answer, when I have a little more time ill explain the BL/MML in more detail... or just use the standard answer of "use the search"

Last edited by TimeConsumer; 09-29-2009 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: added further info.
TimeConsumer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I searched. And I read a bunch of things.. A body lift does not change drive line angles. So for only a body lift it is not neccassary, correct? With the exception of the fan shroud? Now, I am installing the RC 2.5" lift, which could cause vibes. Maybe, maybe not.. So there is where the MML comes into play... Right? I really just want to do the best that I can do for my jeep.. It is my daily driver, so I want her to be taken care of! On the other hand, I don't want to spend money on something that I do not need...
Unread 09-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
TimeConsumer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Still learning the ins and outs of my jeep, and I believe we can relate currently with the build directions.

Anyway, yes the fan shroud is one reason for the MML. However it is also my understanding you want to add a 2.5" SL as well? This could bring the dreaded driveline vibes. Caused from lifting your jeep. Not necessarly from the Bl, but mostly the spring lift. To Cure said driveline vibes, options are:

Option A. install an SYE/CV (Unless you own a Rubicon, profile didn's say) then it would just be an CV. Starts out pretty expensive, goes from there, installed yourself...
Option B. lower your transfer case until the vibes disapear. IMO, why bring your jeep back down after fronting that cash to raise it in the first place?
And Option C. a MML.

I did say that your 2.5" COULD bring the vibes, but every jeep is the same. One course of action is using washers until your t-case is low enough to stop the vibes, and down the road purchase a MML if cash is tight now.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Just re-read my first post, meant to write SL, not BL.

Last edited by TimeConsumer; 09-29-2009 at 12:39 PM..
TimeConsumer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got you! it's just some people claim they don't have any vibes at all. I think I will buy one just to be on the safe side. I ordered my lift today!
Unread 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job on ordering good stuff. And it's good you got the MML. If you don't have ANY vibes, then don't install it and save it for the future. If you ever do a tummy tuck or lift anymore, you'll want it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.