Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #91
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota View Post
mnevitt33, see his auction here:

Rear In-Seat Subwoofer Box for Jeep Wrangler 97-02:eBay Motors (item 250496649286 end time Oct-10-09 13:22:19 PDT)

You will see he is requiring immediate payment by paypal. How he can get another paypal account with so many claims against the ots account is beyond belief. Paypal cannot get my $1550 back because there is nothing in the account I paid to.
This is exactly why Paypal's 'Buy Protection' is an absolute crock. Paypal offers ZERO protection for your money. Never, ever send more than you can afford to loose over paypal, unless it draws from your credit card and you can use your Visa or Mastercard fraud protection. You do not have this protection with bank account or debit transactions.

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #92
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
What is his eBay ID?
I believe it was Offroadtoystore.

I too had an order with them and they never returned calls or emails. I was lucky enough to get my money back through PayPal. They garauntee the transactions, whether there's money to seize or not if the purchase was made through eBay. If it were made through his site using PayPal, people are out of luck basically. Mine was only ~$60 but that was enough to piss me off.

It is criminal to continue to accept orders and take peoples money without making good on the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Penal Code
503. Embezzlement is the fraudulent appropriation of property by a person to whom it has been intrusted.

506. Every trustee, banker, merchant, broker, attorney, agent, assignee in trust, executor, administrator, or collector, or person otherwise intrusted with or having in his control property for the use of any other person, who fraudulently appropriates it to any use or purpose not in the due and lawful execution of his trust, or secretes it with a fraudulent intent to appropriate it to such use or purpose, and any contractor who appropriates money paid to him for any use or purpose, other than for that which he received it, is guilty of embezzlement.

508. Every clerk, agent, or servant of any person who fraudulently appropriates to his own use, or secretes with a fraudulent intent to appropriate to his own use, any property of another which has come into his control or care by virtue of his employment as such clerk, agent, or servant, is guilty of embezzlement.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #93
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
This is exactly why Paypal's 'Buy Protection' is an absolute crock. Paypal offers ZERO protection for your money. Never, ever send more than you can afford to loose over paypal, unless it draws from your credit card and you can use your Visa or Mastercard fraud protection. You do not have this protection with bank account or debit transactions.
Right. Which is why I always used my credit card over the instant transfer from my back account.

I'd hate that page, "Are you sure you want to use your credit card instead of instant transfer from your bank account. Benefits of instant transfer are....."

What a crock of cow pies.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #94
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We have gotten money back from PayPal on a site, not through eBay, but my wife actually spoke to the executive somebody or another (one step below the CEO) and made it happen. Other than that, I've never had a problem getting money back if it were an eBay item.
Unread 10-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #95
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
We have gotten money back from PayPal on a site, not through eBay, but my wife actually spoke to the executive somebody or another (one step below the CEO) and made it happen. Other than that, I've never had a problem getting money back if it were an eBay item.
OK, so I just got off the phone with paypal. I told them this guy was selling again on ebay and required immediate payment thru paypal. I also noted that right on the ebay auction is says "Pay with and your full purchase price is covered" He said this was only good if going thru the ebay site. I told him the only reason I paid using paypal was because I thought it WAS secure and safe. He thanked me for alerting him to the link between offroadtoystore and mnevitt33 and then REFUNDED MY ENTIRE $1550. So, if you paid with paypal and didn't get any of your money back, GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL PAYPAL.
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #96
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
mnevitt33, see his auction here:

Rear In-Seat Subwoofer Box for Jeep Wrangler 97-02:eBay Motors (item 250496649286 end time Oct-10-09 13:22:19 PDT)

You will see he is requiring immediate payment by paypal. How he can get another paypal account with so many claims against the ots account is beyond belief. Paypal cannot get my $1550 back because there is nothing in the account I paid to.
Honestly it's ORTS that is banktrupt and not the owner. He can start any new business or career he wants. It sucks, but that is why people incorporate in the first place.
SpeedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #97
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Honestly it's ORTS that is banktrupt and not the owner. He can start any new business or career he wants. It sucks, but that is why people incorporate in the first place.
Paypal told me it was against their rules for one person to open a new paypal account if there were unresolved issues with any account that has their name on it. Seems that they have yanked the auctions and probably shut down the paypal account as well since there were LOTS of issues. And I got my money back, they said they were going to go after ORTS and the owner for the money.

Edit: and again, it is assumed he has filed for bankruptcy, I did a quick google search and could find no record of any bankruptcy being filed, not that I would.
Unread 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #98
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We don't know if ORTS was incorportated or not. And if they were, then he is still selling stuff that belongs to the corporation, not him.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #99
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK, so I just got off the phone with paypal. I told them this guy was selling again on ebay and required immediate payment thru paypal. I also noted that right on the ebay auction is says "Pay with and your full purchase price is covered" He said this was only good if going thru the ebay site. I told him the only reason I paid using paypal was because I thought it WAS secure and safe. He thanked me for alerting him to the link between offroadtoystore and mnevitt33 and then REFUNDED MY ENTIRE $1550. So, if you paid with paypal and didn't get any of your money back, GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL PAYPAL.
That's great, I'm glad to see you got your money back too.
Unread 10-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #100
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

After contacting the Littleton Police Dept I just got this reply:

That business is not in the City of Littleton (only a Littleton mailing
address). You will need to contact the Douglass County Sheriff's Office
in Castle Rock, Colorado.

Bill Christensen
Division Commander
(303)795-3879

Form Information Follows:

recipient_name - Bill Christensen,wchristensen@littletongov.org
Name - Robert
City - El Paso
State - tx
Zip - 79912
Comments - On June 4, 2009 I made a purchase totaling $1549.95 from
a business in your jurisdiction. The company is Offroadtoystore.com
with the following contact information:
Registrant:
OffroadToyStore
13276 Saturn Drive
Littleton, CO 80124
US
303-799-4183
Fax:720-294-1435

Domain Name: OFFROADTOYSTORE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Nevitt, Michael MNevitt@OffroadToyStore.com
13276 Saturn Drive
Littleton, CO 80124
US
303-799-4183

Technical Contact:
Nevitt, Michael MNevitt@OffroadToyStore.com
13276 Saturn Drive
Littleton, CO 80124
US
303-799-4183

Record last updated 05-03-2007 08:33:23 AM
Record expires on 08-12-2009
Record created on 08-11-2000

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOSTASAURUS.COM 207.44.208.37
NS2.HOSTASAURUS.COM 204.10.64.254
NS3.HOSTASAURUS.COM 204.15.127.254
NS4.HOSTASAURUS.COM 204.10.71.254

Michael Nevitt: Whitepages Directory

Available Records In This Location MICHAEL NEVITT
(303) 799-4183
8682 ABERDEEN CIR
LITTLETON, CO 80130

MICHAEL NEVITT
Phone Number Not Published
9445 PENDLETON DR
LITTLETON, CO 80126
Since this purchase I have recieved one email saying it was in
production and have spoken with Michael Nevitt and he told me he was
undergoing some problems but would be filling the order. Since then
there has been no contact. He has $1500 of my money and I know by
chatting with others online that he has done this with many others. I
paid using paypal but they cannot recover any of my money since he has
emptied his paypal account.

Please tell me who I can contact to pursue legal action against this
thief.
Unread 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #101
rescueTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So at this point I am pretty much stuck with the wrong 33 Eng tummy tuck they shipped me that is sitting in it's box.............................. I'm guessing I will get neither the correct one shipped to me nor my money back.
rescueTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #102
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueTJ View Post
So at this point I am pretty much stuck with the wrong 33 Eng tummy tuck they shipped me that is sitting in it's box.............................. I'm guessing I will get neither the correct one shipped to me nor my money back.
See if you can sell it on Craigslist for $200 and then buy this one instead

'97-'02 Jeep Wrangler TJ HD Transfer Case Skid Plate:eBay Motors (item 260485624036 end time Nov-01-09 17:48:47 PST)
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #103
LKrux
1997 TJ Wrangler 

find out where the owner lives and burn the house down.

problem solved.
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #104
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKrux View Post
find out where the owner lives and burn the house down.

problem solved.
Don't think that's a very good thing to post on an open forum.
Unread 01-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #105
rescueTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well at least the Sheriff's Office will now have an Arson suspect
rescueTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.