Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 07-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #76
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated View Post
I have not. Would you have that by chance?

720-979-7337

Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #77
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybone View Post
720-979-7337
That's the one. I called him late one night and he called me back about a day later, got my answering machine then called me again a little while later. He could have just ignored my call but he did call back and said he really wants to take care of business so I am hopeful.
Unread 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #78
jeffnsocal
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy1977 View Post
As I sit here and watch this thread and think. It dawns on me that we have a problem here. Think guys, the reason WalMart is so popular is CHEAP prices. No one is willing to pay a little more to a better company for a possibly better product. Personally, if I can find a good business that is fair to deal with and is professional, I'll cheerfully pay a few more dollars, especially if it's a better product. I'd rather support the honest ones than help others flood our market with cheap foreign stuff or crap customer service. Unfortunately, I must be in a minority here, or the cheap stuff wouldn't be ever increasing in volume.
I agree with your point here. I purchased my JBSS/TW shaft from Tom Woods for that very reason. With top quality product,warranty and excellent customer service Tom Woods (and others like him) deserve our business. It can't always be about squeezing the last $50.00 out of a deal.
Unread 07-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #79
TJunk
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you have anything in writing stating that they took your money with no intention of supplying product it is a felony. Contact the district attorney's office in the county (I believe Highlands Ranch is in Douglas County, Colorado) Even though they are incorporated they have individually committed the crime by taking your money. The district attorney will attach their individual assets to get your money back. This happened to a Chopper builder about 3 years ago.
TJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #80
SpeedJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm in the mood for a cordial coversation, and CO isn't too far of a drive for me
Quote:
I'd get this guy's home address!!!
See ya in prison. I hope it was worth it.
Unread 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #81
OCsurfin
2000 XJ Cherokee 

so i waited 3 months for my RE lift from ORTS and got burned, my credit card company gave me my money back, i placed an order with Jason at RedRock4x4.com for the same lift on friday and it shipped today. i love you Jason!!

Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle member #25
OCsurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #82
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone here from these guys yet? I gave this Mike guy the benefit of the doubt after our phone coversation where he insisted he would try to get my
order taken care of some how. I told him I was patient guy and I understand things go wrong in business sometimes and would call him in a few weeks. Well, it's been over a month now, figured I'd give him a little extra time. So, I finally tried to call him and see what the status is of everything. Hmmm, now it seems his cell phone number is no good anymore.
Imagine that... I could only leave a message at this number 1-303-683-8310.

Anyone else out there like me and still hanging out to dry? (also out $400+)
This sucks big time.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #83
rescueTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's been a few months, has anyone heard anything about if these guys are officially out of business, if they have sold their designs, or if they are trying to salvage their business?
rescueTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #84
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybone View Post
Anyone here from these guys yet? I gave this Mike guy the benefit of the doubt after our phone coversation where he insisted he would try to get my
order taken care of some how. I told him I was patient guy and I understand things go wrong in business sometimes and would call him in a few weeks. Well, it's been over a month now, figured I'd give him a little extra time. So, I finally tried to call him and see what the status is of everything. Hmmm, now it seems his cell phone number is no good anymore.
Imagine that... I could only leave a message at this number 1-303-683-8310.

Anyone else out there like me and still hanging out to dry? (also out $400+)
This sucks big time.

I am out $1550 since I paid with paypal and there is no money in his account to recover. I sent an email to the Littleton, Co police dept today to see who I need to contact to get this theif invesigated and maybe arrested. I will post what sort of contact I get.
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #85
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ I understand you are upset. And trust me, I would be severely upset myself if I was robbed of $1550 dollars. But is there really anything the police can do? He was a company, and if filed for bankruptcy.... there's really not much that can be done. He has the protection of the law on HIS side, no?
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #86
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

I have not seen anything that says he has filed for bankruptcy. He also continued to take orders, and money from people when he had no intention of filling their orders. I should have completely checked this company out before I place my order. A quick google search shows there are tons of similar complaint against him going back quite some time.
Unread 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #87
SpeedJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota View Post
I have not seen anything that says he has filed for bankruptcy. He also continued to take orders, and money from people when he had no intention of filling their orders.
Speculation and heresay. You have no proof. Objection sustained.

Businesses go out of business. In fact, probably thousands of them everyday. And they all make sales up until the day they file. Many of them don't even tell the employees so the employees end up working for a paycheck that bounces or never comes.
SpeedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #88
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
Speculation and heresay. You have no proof. Objection sustained.

Businesses go out of business. In fact, probably thousands of them everyday. And they all make sales up until the day they file. Many of them don't even tell the employees so the employees end up working for a paycheck that bounces or never comes.
From this thread:

Off Road Toy Store out of business? - Page 2 - JeepsUnlimited.com Forums

"Yes, thanks to who posted it above:

That is Mike Nevitt's cell phone number

Phone: 720-979-7337

Call him now about your issue.

I just talked to him... He claims he is broke and company will be filing for bankruptcy. He refuses to send me back my paypal payment..

Claims his bankruptcy lawers will handle it.

Im contact Paypal right now!!

I'm out over $400 and I am INDEED pissed. "

From the same thread:

"Hey guys,

I know there are a lot of rumors floating around right now and I wanted to make sure everyone knows where things are at.

First off, I want to say that I intend to make sure that everyone is taken care of. Quite a bit of development on our situation has taken place over the last 24-48 hours and we belive we have a good way to handle everything.

I can't say details, but yes, we have had a few issues lately and we've been trying to figure out how to fix them. Largely the issues we have are caused by a dispute with our main supplier, and we have been in negotiations with them over the last week. I believe we will have a solution shortly and all products that have not shipped should be able to do so within a week.

I am calling all customers with outstanding orders today to present the options we have. If for some reason you don't hear from me today, please call me on my cell phone at 720-979-7337. It is going to be a busy day, so please leave me a message if I don't pick up.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. The economy hasn't been kind to our industry, but Offroadtoystore is run by upstanding people and we intend to make sure that our customers are taken care of.

Thank you,

Mike Nevitt
303-799-4183

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by OffroadToyStore; 07-08-2009 at 01:09 PM. "

I have not recieved anything, he will not reply to any form of contact and all numbers are disconnected and he is now selling on ebay again under a different name.

HE IS A CROOK
Unread 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #89
SpeedJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota View Post
From this thread:

I just talked to him... He claims he is broke and company will be filing for bankruptcy. He refuses to send me back my paypal payment..

Claims his bankruptcy lawers will handle it.

I have not recieved anything, he will not reply to any form of contact and all numbers are disconnected and he is now selling on ebay again under a different name.

HE IS A CROOK
What is his eBay ID?
SpeedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #90
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
What is his eBay ID?
mnevitt33, see his auction here:

Rear In-Seat Subwoofer Box for Jeep Wrangler 97-02:eBay Motors (item 250496649286 end time Oct-10-09 13:22:19 PDT)

You will see he is requiring immediate payment by paypal. How he can get another paypal account with so many claims against the ots account is beyond belief. Paypal cannot get my $1550 back because there is nothing in the account I paid to.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.