Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #61
lj_wil
ekorb mi

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got nothing, other than to plug Jason at RedRock.

We got into a real bad situation when nth degree closed, obviously things didn't work out and I'm pretty sure he got the short end of the stick. Real short end.

We worked through it by going through a vendor that he didn't really have a relationship with at the time and all turned out a lot better than it could or should have. Some other vendors might have taken a long time to get things worked out, but once we decided to accept the situation for what it was I had everything in my garage a week later.

Something to be said about a vendor in this arena that still has a good reputation. My only issue with him is that he won't replicate the Jeeperman rear bumper!

Some pics
lj_wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #62
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think that if you haven't served, then you should shut your mouth.
Eight paragraph rant about military discounts in the middle of the ORTS bankrupt thread? Obsess much? Get some therapy and stop berating people.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #63
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj_wil View Post
Something to be said about a vendor in this arena that still has a good reputation. My only issue with him is that he won't replicate the Jeeperman rear bumper!
Jeeperman is coming back... under the ownership of the original owner... Stay tuned.

www.jeeperman.com
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #64
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
Eight paragraph rant about military discounts in the middle of the ORTS bankrupt thread? Obsess much? Get some therapy and stop berating people.
I think the opposite and I give credit to people who have the balls to articulate what they believe in, whether I agree or not, as long as they aren't trying to impose their beliefs on anyone else. For that reason, I'm going to buy something from RedRock.
2000 SE
1997 XJ
85 FJ-60
goofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #65
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

RE Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybone View Post
If you paid with paypal file paypal claim IMMEDIATELY! IF you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company and order a chargeback. The Paypal account rep told me on the phone that if you purchased using Ebay you would get your money back automatically. If you used their website and their paypal button to pay there will be a claims process. He told me to contact everyone I could on the forums in the same situation becasue we have a better chance of getting our money.
After contacting this Mike Nevitt guy on his cell phone yesterday(720-979-7337), he told me that can't possible fill their orders because they are broke, can't pay their suppliers, and are filling for bankruptcy. So he can't make my product, nor can he refund my money. So I would make your claim right now!
I got an email from paypal today saying they ruled in favor in my claim against offroadtoys but they could not get me my money back because there was no money to get for me. They said they would continue to try but I am not holding my breath. I wonder if it would have been any different if I had used my Paypal debit card.
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #66
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No, the only way it would have been different is if you used a credit card. Then you can dispute it directly with your credit card company.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #67
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukota View Post
I got an email from paypal today saying they ruled in favor in my claim against offroadtoys but they could not get me my money back because there was no money to get for me. They said they would continue to try but I am not holding my breath. I wonder if it would have been any different if I had used my Paypal debit card.
NEVER use paypal with a debit card. Paypal's protection is WORTHLESS. They only 'protect' you if the bad seller has money in their account. What bad seller will keep money in their account? paypal
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #68
jodpel
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsurfin View Post
just got my money back!!!! pentagon federal credit union gave me all $1,150.75 of my money back after i filed a dispute with them against off road toy store. im so glad i dont use paypal. on the phone a rep told me since ORTS didnt refund the money they will proceed with filing charges for internet fraud. looks like redrock4x4 is gonna get my money now.

and if you're lookin for a sweet military discount go to lowes for a 10% off, home depot only honors military discounts on veterans day i think, and wendys has 10% off to hahaha so now you can afford that biggie size
I got screwed by PayPal this year. I've learned my lesson. From now on, I'll use my credit card or bank card to buy things. PayPal's money back guarantee is completely bogus. If the vendor cheats you, you will get nothing from them. I feel sorry for the OP. I've decided that PayPal is not a wise way to pay for things. I would love to see some statistics on the number of claims versus the number of refunds from them. I bet its ridiculously low.
Unread 07-17-2009, 09:34 PM   #69
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

I spoke with Mike at ORTS yesterday. He said they have been going through some problems but he thinks he has them worked out. He said he thought they may have to close the doors but he now thinks they can stay open. He told me he will still ship my order for my lift kit I purchased and it will ship by next Friday. I will keep everyone informed.
Unread 07-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #70
elevated
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I spoke with Mike at ORTS yesterday. He said they have been going through some problems but he thinks he has them worked out. He said he thought they may have to close the doors but he now thinks they can stay open. He told me he will still ship my order for my lift kit I purchased and it will ship by next Friday. I will keep everyone informed.
Definitely keep us in the know, but I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered the sye weeks before getting my t-case done (figgered if I have to swap my t-case, may as well do the sye), but now I have it finished, I DO NOT want to do it again just to put that on.
elevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #71
Dukota
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated View Post
Definitely keep us in the know, but I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered the sye weeks before getting my t-case done (figgered if I have to swap my t-case, may as well do the sye), but now I have it finished, I DO NOT want to do it again just to put that on.
Have you called his cell phone and spoken with him?
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #72
elevated
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Have you called his cell phone and spoken with him?
I have not. Would you have that by chance?
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #73
Caligeaux
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'd get this guy's home address!!!
Caligeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #74
Caligeaux
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligeaux View Post
I'd get this guy's home address!!!
I mean just to have a cordial conversation about what went wrong with his business and what he can do to correct his mistakes in the future.
Caligeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #75
elevated
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligeaux View Post
I mean just to have a cordial conversation about what went wrong with his business and what he can do to correct his mistakes in the future.
I'm in the mood for a cordial coversation, and CO isn't too far of a drive for me

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.