Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #31
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Its a lot easier for these guys to tell you they wont give your money back on the phone than it is in person. Handling stuff the good ole boy way where you just call em up and they send you the money back the next day is starting to get more and more rare. Handling it the John Wayne way is starting to become the way that things have to be handled to get someone to take action. The law Usually helps the criminals out more than the victims, its sad to say. I would give them a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #32
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Its a lot easier for these guys to tell you they wont give your money back on the phone than it is in person. Handling stuff the good ole boy way where you just call em up and they send you the money back the next day is starting to get more and more rare. Handling it the John Wayne way is starting to become the way that things have to be handled to get someone to take action. The law Usually helps the criminals out more than the victims, its sad to say. I would give them a visit.
While I personally agree with that mindset the problem is YOU stand a good chance of becoming the criminal when you "give him a visit"

And for the record, going out of business or going bankrupt is not a criminal offense. Now, leaving the website up and still taking money probably is.
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #33
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Non-tech, moved.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #34
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

As I sit here and watch this thread and think. It dawns on me that we have a problem here. Think guys, the reason WalMart is so popular is CHEAP prices. No one is willing to pay a little more to a better company for a possibly better product. Personally, if I can find a good business that is fair to deal with and is professional, I'll cheerfully pay a few more dollars, especially if it's a better product. I'd rather support the honest ones than help others flood our market with cheap foreign stuff or crap customer service. Unfortunately, I must be in a minority here, or the cheap stuff wouldn't be ever increasing in volume.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #35
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Like Apex said, call Jason. He'll price match if he can - but he already runs very tight margins on everything. i rarely use any price match or discounts through him anymore because i feel bad. hes just another guy trying to make his way through life.
For what it's worth, I have spent thousands with Jason and never once asked for a price match. He's usually the lowest anyways, and if he isn't it is usually only a couple bucks.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #36
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well this doesn't make my day. I ordered a skid-row engine skid plate for my TJ from them on 14 June ($244.50). I sent him an email and left a few phone messages today. I did receive an email from them on 18 June saying my skid plate was changed from "received" to "on order", and later in the email it said item on order and will ship in less than 7 days. Hmmm... that was almost three weeks ago.
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyRN View Post
Well this doesn't make my day. I ordered a skid-row engine skid plate for my TJ from them on 14 June ($244.50). I sent him an email and left a few phone messages today. I did receive an email from them on 18 June saying my skid plate was changed from "received" to "on order", and later in the email it said item on order and will ship in less than 7 days. Hmmm... that was almost three weeks ago.
If you paid with paypal file paypal claim IMMEDIATELY! IF you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company and order a chargeback. The Paypal account rep told me on the phone that if you purchased using Ebay you would get your money back automatically. If you used their website and their paypal button to pay there will be a claims process. He told me to contact everyone I could on the forums in the same situation becasue we have a better chance of getting our money.
After contacting this Mike Nevitt guy on his cell phone yesterday(720-979-7337), he told me that can't possible fill their orders because they are broke, can't pay their suppliers, and are filling for bankruptcy. So he can't make my product, nor can he refund my money. So I would make your claim right now!
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99

Last edited by kaybone; 07-07-2009 at 04:52 PM..
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #38
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyRN View Post
If you paid with paypal, file paypal claim IMMEDIATELY! IF you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company and order a chargeback. The Paypal account rep told me on the phone that if you paid by Ebay you would get your money back automatically. If you used their website and their paypal button to pay there will be a claims process. He told me to contact everyone I could on the forums in the same situation because we have a better chance of getting our money.
After contacting this Mike Nevitt guy on his cell phone yesterday(720-979-7337), he told me that they can't possible fill their orders because they are broke, can't pay their suppliers, and are filing for bankruptcy. So he can't make my product, nor can he refund my money. So I would make your claim right now!

PS I ordered my 33 Engineering SKid from them on June 6th
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #39
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
While I personally agree with that mindset the problem is YOU stand a good chance of becoming the criminal when you "give him a visit"

And for the record, going out of business or going bankrupt is not a criminal offense. Now, leaving the website up and still taking money probably is.
Thats okay because the law protects the criminal.

Seriously, when doing so you assume all consequences. Is being thrown in jail and having charges filed against you for attemped murder with a deadly weapon (fist) worth what you gave for the skid.. thats up to you. When paying the visit, imtimidation usually works wonders to these types of guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #40
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
Obviously price matching a company that "had the absolute lowest price" and now is out of business is a good way to do business.
Obviously taking care of a customers wants when you have a price matching policy IS good business. Not trashtalking Redrock, Jason is awesome. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Like Apex said, call Jason. He'll price match if he can - but he already runs very tight margins on everything. i rarely use any price match or discounts through him anymore because i feel bad. hes just another guy trying to make his way through life.
I'll be calling him again for sure. I don't have much other choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
For what it's worth, I have spent thousands with Jason and never once asked for a price match. He's usually the lowest anyways, and if he isn't it is usually only a couple bucks.
Well, I'm towards the tail end of my build buying (which I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on ;( ) and every penny is adding up. So, the $60 difference that was, was simply too much considering I'd still get a military discount from ORTS. Apparently though, Redrock has dropped their price recently. While I still won't get a military discount, I'd rather deal with Jason than someone else. Tom Wood wants $600 for the combo, whereas Redrock is down to $579 now.

But back on topic, Off Road Toystore sucks.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #41
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, glad I avoided them.
Saw what the Better Business Bureau thought of them.
http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-r...ch-co-90019673

And decided to pass.

I suggest you wait for MrBlaine to come out with something. I'm sure as hell going to have the Teraflex Skid up on craiglist once I have a Savvy Belly Up in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #42
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeez, what happened to the JF I used to know?

41 posts and nobody suggested this?

BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN, FTW!!!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
Pmort
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post

Max
You really are mean lol jk
Pmort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #44
Mr YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post

Max
I agree the situation sucks and for this reason, on the big $ items I always recommend someone like 4WD or Quadratec.

Just a thought, If his house does get burnt down, you realise you can be charged as iciting this action. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if he suddenly had "an electrical problem" which given the honesty of the individual concerned [i.e. money grubbing] I wouldn't put it past him to torch his own house.
92 YJ 2.5L 5sp manual trans. 4" lift with 33 X 12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja claws.
Rockhard cage, and SBC swap. Work in Progress
Mr YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #45
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr YJ View Post
Just a thought, If his house does get burnt down, you realise you can be charged as iciting this action. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if he suddenly had "an electrical problem" which given the honesty of the individual concerned [i.e. money grubbing] I wouldn't put it past him to torch his own house.
Bring it on, I'm a former Marine so I'm stupid enough to not be afraid of anything.

When all else fails, try violence.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.