Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 07-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #16
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pissed because I was going to order my SYE package from them next check because they had the absolute lowest price on JB conversions. Bah! Now I have to go to RedRock who, while GREAT at customer service, will not price match, OR give me a military discount.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #17
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom By You View Post
The guys (Mike and Chris) at Off-road-Toy-Store do a pretty good impression of "Dumb and Dumber;" they don't return phone calls, don't return emails, they sent wrong parts, kept me waiting weeks for parts they said were in-stock and then more disturbingly, (did this to me twice) they would quote me one price, then while taking my credit card info over the phone, the total would mysteriously increase. Out of the two, I believe Chris had a slight edge over Mike but really, it's too close to call. After spending thousands of dollars with these guys, I decided to stop using their services because it was too much of a hassle. They're nice enough guys but unfortunately they're also unprofessional businessmen and it sounds like things haven't changed. The interesting thing is, they (Off-road-Toy-Store) use 4WD.com as their main distributor, so in reality, they're just middlemen for a big corporation. After reading this thread I guess I made the right decision in NOT using their inept services. BTW, I would skip dealing with PayPal and do a charge-back directly with your credit card company, and fast. If you paid using your checking account via PayPal, you're probably not going to see your money....GOOD LUCK!
Hmm that's interesting 4WD.com is an Ohio company and not that far from where I live. They have always been very good! I wonder why they are selling or distributing the OTS stuff...
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope everyone realizes that this was a business and if they claim bankruptcy you won't get anything? All this talk about beating people up and making road trips will get you nothing. You'll end up taking a road trip to an empty building. Would you do the same if RE went out of business tomorrow?

The bright side is now a more reputable company can copy that skid and sell it.
Unread 07-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not if the plan is patented... the company/person still owns the rights to their design if they file it, even if bankrupt. If they were SMART, they'd license out the design for a modest fee and get royalties on it.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The bright side is now a more reputable company can copy that skid and sell it

Good point if that's possible.

Also they aren't under Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 yet... so they are still legally responsilbe for any claims or refunds, until they are under these bankruptcy
umbrellas. However, Like any financial legal dispute, you can't get blood out of a turnip, so although there might not be financial compensation, which doesn't make anyone owed money particularly happy, there probably would be some punitive action taken.
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #21
COTruckin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There is a big Truck and Jeep show here in Denver this weekend. If they happen to be there trying to make some sales, I can stand in front and let everyone know not to buy from them. If they aren't there I can drive to Highlands Ranch and steal their mailbox or something if you want. HAHAH, I have called them several times with no response, it definately felt like something was up.
COTruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
RubiconRazorbac

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dirtbags. Absolute dirtbags. Most likely, they'll file bankruptcy to clean out the debt, then come back as another company. The main thing is to keep letting your friends and the folks in your clubs know the situation so noone else gets the shaft.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #23
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have one of their belly up skids still in the box. They were a terrible company to deal with. The actual skid looks fine though. Ive been gonna put it on for several months
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #24
Humboldt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hope you get your money back.

The Jeep aftermarket has got to be one of the hardest businesses to run and turn a profit. Even though there are tons of Jeeps on the road, for the most part, you're really only targeting a small percentage of them (Who are pretty cheap ). Throw in a down turn in the economy and I can see how its hard to keep a business like that out of the red. Most Jeep aftermarket companies seem to start off with a couple dudes in a garage that make cool stuff their friends want so they start a company doing something they love. Even though some people get hurt when they eventually go under, I admire all of them for the attempt.
Humboldt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #25
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
I All this talk about beating people up and making road trips will get you nothing. You'll end up taking a road trip to an empty building. Would you do the same if RE went out of business tomorrow?

you must be new here
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
Hope you get your money back.

The Jeep aftermarket has got to be one of the hardest businesses to run and turn a profit. Even though there are tons of Jeeps on the road, for the most part, you're really only targeting a small percentage of them (Who are pretty cheap ). Throw in a down turn in the economy and I can see how its hard to keep a business like that out of the red. Most Jeep aftermarket companies seem to start off with a couple dudes in a garage that make cool stuff their friends want so they start a company doing something they love. Even though some people get hurt when they eventually go under, I admire all of them for the attempt.
Admiration is hardly the word I have in mind for someone that easily takes your money, then cannot deliver the product, and then refuses to refund you for your trouble.

The way you go from two guys in a garage making a great product, to a successful corporation making a great product is, above all, customer service. We all understand there are unforeseen problems with some transactions. However,
the way to handle a customer problem is to go over the top trying to keep the customers satisfied, particularly in a tough economy. That way, as a company, you turn a negative situation into a postive experience for the buyer.
If these guys would have simply dealt with their issue of not being able to supply me the product ordered by refunding the amount
to paypal, I would have nothing but extreme praise for how they took care of me, in spite of the issues with their ability to supply the product.
Telling me basically, there is absolutely nothing they can do and to dump my complaints onto Paypal is not endearing me as their future customer.
Continuing to operate their website, taking new orders when they know full well that can't even pay their suppliers, let alone deliver the new products
is just flat out fraud, subject to criminal prosecution.
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #27
1SlowPoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dam, I was going to order a seat speaker box and SYE/CV DS through them just the other day. Thank goodness I decided to wait a bit.
1SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I'm pissed because I was going to order my SYE package from them next check because they had the absolute lowest price on JB conversions. Bah! Now I have to go to RedRock who, while GREAT at customer service, will not price match, OR give me a military discount.
Call Jason up at Redrock...I do believe he'll price match. http://redrock4x4.com/policies/price_match.php

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
Shakey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
Call Jason up at Redrock...I do believe he'll price match. http://redrock4x4.com/policies/price_match.php
Obviously price matching a company that "had the absolute lowest price" and now is out of business is a good way to do business.
Shakey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #30
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Like Apex said, call Jason. He'll price match if he can - but he already runs very tight margins on everything. i rarely use any price match or discounts through him anymore because i feel bad. hes just another guy trying to make his way through life.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.