Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 07-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

If anyone has an outstanding order with this company and you have already paid for it with a credit card or paypal.. I strongly urge you to order a credit card chargeback or paypal/ebay claim to get your money back.
I ordered a Skid plate from them about 30 days ago and was just informed over the phone in person by Mike Nevvitt, the "owner" ,that the company is broke and has no intention of returning my paypal payment, nor does he intend to deliver my product. So I have filed a paypal claim as I am now out $400+. The more claims that are out there, the better chance anyone has of getting their money back according to the Paypal account rep.

This is Mike Nevitt's cell phone number
720-979-7337

You may call him personally and express your concern over your own order if you have one. All of the other phones for 33 Engineering or offroadtoystore have been disconnected. The Ebay store is closed.

And, above all don't order anything from his website. it is still functional
but you won't get any product delivered. He told me over the phone he is broke, after gladly taking my paypal order money. You can imagine how happy I was on the other end of the line!

I believe using the internet for fraudulent interstate commerce is a federal offense.

Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think I would be making a drive to someones house and collecting my money. No matter how far.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Fire-XJ
1982 CJ2A 

File a complaint with the state attorney general's office.
Fire-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

well, that sucks. good luck
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2 View Post
I think I would be making a drive to someones house and collecting my money. No matter how far.
Here's the address:

Offroadtoystore.com

8682 S Aberdeen Circle
Highlands Ranch, CO80126
Phone: 720-979-7337

http://www.realtor.com/property-deta...101?source=web
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-XJ View Post

which state...Ohio where I live or Colorado where they are?
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2 View Post
I like your style
GMC7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-XJ View Post

this may help as well
GMC7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC7000 View Post
this may help as well
which state though?
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i ordered 5 1/4" speaker plates from him about 3 months ago and they promptly shipped the next day

to be honest though, everyone knows that 33eng and offroad toy store have AWFUL customer service and incredibly slow shipping times. we could have told you before you ordered it to be cautious or even all together not buy from them. its always been a bad company.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sound like fraud to me.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
i ordered 5 1/4" speaker plates from him about 3 months ago and they promptly shipped the next day

to be honest though, everyone knows that 33eng and offroad toy store have AWFUL customer service and incredibly slow shipping times. we could have told you before you ordered it to be cautious or even all together not buy from them. its always been a bad company.
Yeah, I read all the warnings and all, but their Skid was the one that fit my particular situation, without going into all the tech details. The rokmen would have worked too if the made one for a'99. But I ordered it after chatting with them on the phone and they seemed reasonable at the time, until today when they told me over the phone that they could not make my product nor refund my money. I can deal with slow shipping times, even if it was 90 days but they stated they could not guarantee any deliveries in the foreseeable future. That is not slow, that is just non-existant.
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The guys (Mike and Chris) at Off-road-Toy-Store do a pretty good impression of "Dumb and Dumber;" they don't return phone calls, don't return emails, they sent wrong parts, kept me waiting weeks for parts they said were in-stock and then more disturbingly, (did this to me twice) they would quote me one price, then while taking my credit card info over the phone, the total would mysteriously increase. Out of the two, I believe Chris had a slight edge over Mike but really, it's too close to call. After spending thousands of dollars with these guys, I decided to stop using their services because it was too much of a hassle. They're nice enough guys but unfortunately they're also unprofessional businessmen and it sounds like things haven't changed. The interesting thing is, they (Off-road-Toy-Store) use 4WD.com as their main distributor, so in reality, they're just middlemen for a big corporation. After reading this thread I guess I made the right decision in NOT using their inept services. BTW, I would skip dealing with PayPal and do a charge-back directly with your credit card company, and fast. If you paid using your checking account via PayPal, you're probably not going to see your money....GOOD LUCK!
2001 TJ Sport Amber Fire, Dual Tops/Dual Doors, 4.0, Banks Ram-Air, Banks S.S. Monster exhaust, five speed, NV3550, A.A. SYE/Tom Woods, 4:56 D30/D35, Detroit Truetrac at both ends, Solid diff covers, 4.5 R.E. Super Flex W/3.5 springs, adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable front and rear R.E. track bars, TeraFlex shock relocation brackets, R.E. Mono tube shocks, R.E. front stabilizer, R.E. 3/4" front spacer, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS, M/T Classic-locks, ShrockWorks Rock Rails, Hanson 52" front bumper, EPi9.0 Superwinch with wireless control, Olympic rear bumper, Olympic Mountaineer rack, Bushwacker 6" Pocket Flares, Optima yellow top, IPF headlights W/ Fatboys, upgraded relay/wiring harness, KC Slims, Bosch rear lights, Garmin c550 GPS, Garmin 76S GPS, Cobra CB 148GTL W/Astatic Mic, Pioneer Sound, 3A Racing fire extinguishers. Manhattan Rated....
Zoom By You is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #14
mateas
2006 LJ Wrangler 

daaaaaayum, glad I got my SYE/ds a couple months ago! It went out within a few days and they were always prompt to answer any questions (granted we only communicated via e-mail, but still). Good luck getting your dough back. I agree, I'd file a complaint with their states AG (not Ohio, I know I wouldn't call our AG to find out about a company in Colorado). Then again, do both states!
Unread 07-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #15
tjthorson
2013 JK Wrangler 

Do you have any proof of him saying he is keeping your money and not sending a product? IM, email, phone record, etc? This is absolutely fraud. Unfortunately you will probably never see your money - BUT, what youcan do know is keep them from screwing others in their final hours. I have seen vendors like this before in other car lines that I have been involved in. There were 2 different guys involved in the Turbo Buick parts business that were screwing people. One made good on the dough - the other is in jail. There actually was a third guy that moved on to the mustang and F-body crowd since it seemed like it was younger kids that wouldnt show up on this guys doorstep like the Turbo Buick crowd was doing.

Good luck - keep us posted - and post this on every forum you can....
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.