JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wrangler General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/)
-   -   Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/offroadtoystore-33-engineering-kaput-so-my-dough-811839/)

kaybone 07-06-2009 07:37 PM

Offroadtoystore & 33 Engineering is Kaput!-and so is my dough

If anyone has an outstanding order with this company and you have already paid for it with a credit card or paypal.. I strongly urge you to order a credit card chargeback or paypal/ebay claim to get your money back.
I ordered a Skid plate from them about 30 days ago and was just informed over the phone in person by Mike Nevvitt, the "owner" ,that the company is broke and has no intention of returning my paypal payment, nor does he intend to deliver my product. So I have filed a paypal claim as I am now out $400+. The more claims that are out there, the better chance anyone has of getting their money back according to the Paypal account rep.

This is Mike Nevitt's cell phone number
720-979-7337

You may call him personally and express your concern over your own order if you have one. All of the other phones for 33 Engineering or offroadtoystore have been disconnected. The Ebay store is closed.

And, above all don't order anything from his website. it is still functional
but you won't get any product delivered. He told me over the phone he is broke, after gladly taking my paypal order money. You can imagine how happy I was on the other end of the line!

I believe using the internet for fraudulent interstate commerce is a federal offense.

elkfan2 07-06-2009 08:01 PM

I think I would be making a drive to someones house and collecting my money. No matter how far.

Fire-XJ 07-06-2009 08:11 PM

File a complaint with the state attorney general's office.

Unlimited04 07-06-2009 08:16 PM

well, that sucks. good luck

kaybone 07-06-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkfan2 (Post 7533788)
I think I would be making a drive to someones house and collecting my money. No matter how far.

Here's the address:

Offroadtoystore.com

8682 S Aberdeen Circle
Highlands Ranch, CO80126
Phone: 720-979-7337

http://www.realtor.com/property-deta...101?source=web

kaybone 07-06-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire-XJ (Post 7533885)

which state...Ohio where I live or Colorado where they are?

GMC7000 07-06-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkfan2 (Post 7533788)

I like your style

GMC7000 07-06-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire-XJ (Post 7533885)

this may help as well

kaybone 07-06-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMC7000 (Post 7534137)
this may help as well

which state though?

spyder6 07-06-2009 09:07 PM

i ordered 5 1/4" speaker plates from him about 3 months ago and they promptly shipped the next day

to be honest though, everyone knows that 33eng and offroad toy store have AWFUL customer service and incredibly slow shipping times. we could have told you before you ordered it to be cautious or even all together not buy from them. its always been a bad company.

Jeepguy1977 07-06-2009 09:43 PM

Sound like fraud to me.

kaybone 07-06-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder6 (Post 7534261)
i ordered 5 1/4" speaker plates from him about 3 months ago and they promptly shipped the next day

to be honest though, everyone knows that 33eng and offroad toy store have AWFUL customer service and incredibly slow shipping times. we could have told you before you ordered it to be cautious or even all together not buy from them. its always been a bad company.

Yeah, I read all the warnings and all, but their Skid was the one that fit my particular situation, without going into all the tech details. The rokmen would have worked too if the made one for a'99. But I ordered it after chatting with them on the phone and they seemed reasonable at the time, until today when they told me over the phone that they could not make my product nor refund my money. I can deal with slow shipping times, even if it was 90 days but they stated they could not guarantee any deliveries in the foreseeable future. That is not slow, that is just non-existant.

Zoom By You 07-06-2009 10:49 PM

The guys (Mike and Chris) at Off-road-Toy-Store do a pretty good impression of "Dumb and Dumber;" they don't return phone calls, don't return emails, they sent wrong parts, kept me waiting weeks for parts they said were in-stock and then more disturbingly, (did this to me twice) they would quote me one price, then while taking my credit card info over the phone, the total would mysteriously increase. Out of the two, I believe Chris had a slight edge over Mike but really, it's too close to call. After spending thousands of dollars with these guys, I decided to stop using their services because it was too much of a hassle. They're nice enough guys but unfortunately they're also unprofessional businessmen and it sounds like things haven't changed. The interesting thing is, they (Off-road-Toy-Store) use 4WD.com as their main distributor, so in reality, they're just middlemen for a big corporation. After reading this thread I guess I made the right decision in NOT using their inept services. BTW, I would skip dealing with PayPal and do a charge-back directly with your credit card company, and fast. If you paid using your checking account via PayPal, you're probably not going to see your money....GOOD LUCK!

mateas 07-07-2009 04:35 AM

daaaaaayum, glad I got my SYE/ds a couple months ago! It went out within a few days and they were always prompt to answer any questions (granted we only communicated via e-mail, but still). Good luck getting your dough back. I agree, I'd file a complaint with their states AG (not Ohio, I know I wouldn't call our AG to find out about a company in Colorado). Then again, do both states!

tjthorson 07-07-2009 04:59 AM

Do you have any proof of him saying he is keeping your money and not sending a product? IM, email, phone record, etc? This is absolutely fraud. Unfortunately you will probably never see your money - BUT, what youcan do know is keep them from screwing others in their final hours. I have seen vendors like this before in other car lines that I have been involved in. There were 2 different guys involved in the Turbo Buick parts business that were screwing people. One made good on the dough - the other is in jail. There actually was a third guy that moved on to the mustang and F-body crowd since it seemed like it was younger kids that wouldnt show up on this guys doorstep like the Turbo Buick crowd was doing.

Good luck - keep us posted - and post this on every forum you can....

The time now is 10:22 AM.