Off Road Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Off Road Kit

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #1
florida_gat0r
1980 CJ5 

Off Road Kit

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm getting back into off-roading and am curious as to what you all believe are must haves when going off the black top.

Tools? Straps? Extra fuel? Lights?

Please share.

florida_gat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

This is my short list......Recovery (straps or winch), buddy with jeep to go with you, full-size spare, jack, fluids, cell phones, beer 8). Tools, duct tape, plug kit, compressor. Those are my vitals.....I'm sure there are things I'm missing, and others will add.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen251 View Post
This is my short list......Recovery (straps or winch), buddy with jeep to go with you, full-size spare, jack, fluids, cell phones, beer 8). Tools, duct tape, plug kit, compressor. Those are my vitals.....I'm sure there are things I'm missing, and others will add.
Excellent kit, minus the beer.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
VegasJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I usually have my recovery kit which consists of tow straps, tree strap, snatch block, gloves, shackles, hi lift base, hi lift tire buddy, then I also have my first aid kit, powertank, small bag with bottled waters and MREs. Other then that those are my must haves.
Unread 06-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Excellent kit, minus the beer.
Sorry, I enjoy a few frosty beverages at the campsite after a day's worth of wheelin.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

Unread 06-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
GeekInJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hijack...

Regarding the beer...

I have only once helped my Jeep club clean up Tuttle Creek ORV, but I was amazed at the number of cans... beer and soda on the trails. Two problems with that. First, you shouldn't be impaired on the trail. At all. Not even a single beer in your system is a good idea. Second, don't throw your garbage out of your rig. That's a good way to get your ORV park shut down not to mention just being simply irresponsible and disrespectful.

After the ride... yeah... cold beer.

So... Perhaps take some trash bags and consider picking up for just a little while.

...fire extinguisher.

-T-
GeekInJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #7
florida_gat0r
1980 CJ5 

Cool. Compiling the list now. There are things I didn't think of.

1. Recovery straps
2. Full-size spare
3. Jack (hi lift base, hi lift tire buddy)
4. Fluids
5. Cell phone
6. Water & Food
7. Tools
8. Duct tape
9. Tire plug kit
10. Compressor
11. Tree strap
12. Snatch block
13. Gloves
14. Shackles
15. First aid kit
16. Powertank
17. Fire extinguisher

I'd like to add:

18. Blanket
19. Shovel
20. Marine flare
Unread 06-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Sheesh....didn't realize this was a CHRISTIAN Forum...lol.

Seriously....when I take my beer out for a weekend of wheeling, I always pack out what I pack in (often times more as picking up after other people). If I said I threw my cans/bottles out on the trail while driving so I can find my way back, THEN I would expect to hear about it. Trust me, I do my share.

Fire extinguisher....good thing to have as well. One of those things you never think you'll need, UNTIL you need it!

BUILD:

Unread 06-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #9
JRD917
1987 YJ Wrangler 

on another note ..... geekinjeep said ......... I have also been to tuttle creek and hlike he said it is riddled with cans/ garbage on the trails ( must be a local thing) asi dont drink while wheelin I must admit to an old trick my dad taught me

When you walk through them high weeds and get whats called "chiggers" on your legs that itch real bad .... he told me if you pour beer on them it helps relieve the itching ( and it works too) the only thing is you know smeel like beer !!!!!! LOL

as far as the list goes I would also add a tire plug kit for them damn thorn trees that can aways find a tire and a spare engine belt !!!!
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

HATE people that wreck a trail like that (or anyplace else for that matter). It's easy to pack it out an find a can on the way out of the park.

BUILD:

Unread 06-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD917 View Post
on another note ..... geekinjeep said ......... I have also been to tuttle creek and hlike he said it is riddled with cans/ garbage on the trails ( must be a local thing) asi dont drink while wheelin I must admit to an old trick my dad taught me

When you walk through them high weeds and get whats called "chiggers" on your legs that itch real bad .... he told me if you pour beer on them it helps relieve the itching ( and it works too) the only thing is you know smeel like beer !!!!!! LOL

as far as the list goes I would also add a tire plug kit for them damn thorn trees that can aways find a tire and a spare engine belt !!!!
why would you ever waste beer?? get some bug stuff and never waste a drop of that delicious beer!
Unread 06-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
why would you ever waste beer?? get some bug stuff and never waste a drop of that delicious beer!
Mmmmmmmm......beeeeeeeeeeeer

BUILD:

Unread 06-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Do a search for a post I made (actually I've posted about it twice) using the key word "corduroy" and you will discover one of the most useful (and dirt cheap!!) recovery tools a person can take with them offroad.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
florida_gat0r
1980 CJ5 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...92&postcount=4

Great idea. Thanks Brandon_YJ.
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
ballallday89
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bring some hot girls when you're stuck for mud wrestling!!!
ballallday89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.