Noob needs advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Noob needs advice

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
bluesman4961
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Noob needs advice

I have a 2002 wrangler sport with 107,000 miles on it. It's in the shop right now getting a jasper rebuilt engine with a three year warranty put in it. When i get it back I think I'm going to sell it, but have no idea on an asking price. It has wide wheels with allow rims (I think), a few small paint dings, but no rust. It has a soft top thats probably the original it doesn't leak but just has a lot of wear. It's a five speed manual transmission. I'm going to sell it myself in an auto trader magazine. The Blue book value was about 9,000$ but thats without the new engine. So any advice/help on a good asking price and selling it would be much appreciated.

bluesman4961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

2. Happy New Years!
3. need ALOT more info for pricing, fill out your profile
4. Why are you selling it, its gonna have the 3 year warranty
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
bluesman4961
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you and Happy New year to you. I'm not very knowledgeable about the technical stuff. It's all stock except for the wider wheel base, rims, and tires as far as I know. I'm selling it because I still owe on it, and the money to fix it could be better spent elsewhere. I'm in the process of buying a house and getting married in June. So I'm working on reducing my debt and being more responsible haha.
bluesman4961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

ah okay, well on average i reckon the Heep would sell around 7k. it still would be better to fill out more info. like these

Make-Jeep
Model-Wrangler
Trim-
Miles- 107,000
Engine- 4.0L Inline Six
Transmission- 5 speed manual
Drivetrain-

and these options

AC?
Winch?
Tow Package?
Hard top?
running boards?
cruise control?
luggage rack?
oversize tires?
alloy/alum wheels?
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would say 8-9K the new motor would be kind of negative to me, if the 4.0L died with only 107K that would lead me to believe it wasn't taken care of. Most 4.0L go to 200K+ as long as they are taken care of meaning timely oil changes. So if the motor went at 107K what else wasn't taken care of. I am not saying you were the one not to take care of it, but I am just saying. I would offer you 7k because of the new motor, ie possible neglect and start the negotiations.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2002 , jeep , sell , sport , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.