No "Pentastar" motor for the JK - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
pentastar01
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No "Pentastar" motor for the JK

So I just got a warranty bulletin from my service manager about the new Pentastar motor. Talking about how they want to work all the bugs out of the motor with communication between the techs and Chrysler.

But to my point, under affected models(or the models that will actually get the motor) the JK was absent. Only the new Grand Cherokee, it's Dodge counterpart, the minivans, and the cars(also didn't have the Challenger either).

So it looks like the JK will have to wait a year or so.

Life's tough, that's why I drive a Jeep. Until it breaks, then life's a *****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-25-2010, 10:58 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The JK has been delayed to 2012 for a little while now. The thread in the JK Tech has confirmed this.

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JFI Member #7:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
post #3 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 12:46 AM
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I read about 6 months ago in one of my magazines that the penstar was delayed for the JK until 2012.

Max

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"

post #4 of 6 Old 06-26-2010, 06:01 AM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are some teething problems in production, and the plant output is relatively low so far.

This engine is very complex, both in itself, and in the manufacturing technology. Cool for a high performance car, but for a Wrangler, simplicity is best (remember the I6)
post #5 of 6 Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Jordon83
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
There are some teething problems in production, and the plant output is relatively low so far.

This engine is very complex, both in itself, and in the manufacturing technology. Cool for a high performance car, but for a Wrangler, simplicity is best (remember the I6)
Yes, but sadly simplicity doesn't satisfy the regulations of our government. The I6 is one of the greatest engines ever built, but in the 50's when AMC was creating the I6 engines emmisions, fuel mileage, and crash testing were of no concern. Now Chrysler needs to make this engine it's new I6. I don't mind waiting for them to get it right before putting it in one of the most iconic vehicles on earth.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-14-2010, 02:58 PM
rlast
2012 JK Wrangler 

The Phoenix will be well worth the wait boys, just trust me on that one. 2012 can't come quick enough. The old TJ is, well, old.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.