2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kruzin
  • 1 Post By cranbiz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Donzo13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Newby Needs HELP....

I just purchased my first ever Jeep. It is a 1990 Jeep wrangler YJ. 6 cyl engine, 5 speed. My question is..... under the hood and above the motor there is 2 long rods or bars that go from the front frame near the radiator back to the firewall. These rods/bars have threaded ends with a nut on them. What are these called? Where can I purchase one at? My jeep only has 1 and I want to purchase a 2nd one for the other side. Also, in the floorboard there is a hole maybe as big around as a coke can. I'm sure there is some type of plug, or cap that I can buy to place in this hole. (I think the hole is there to drain water from inside the jeep if it gets flooded) Where can I buy this plug/cap, Etc? And what are they called? ??? I am NOT a mechanically inclined person so please be patient with me. LOL Thanks for any help on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 12:08 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

The rod is just a grille support rod. The original part# was 55050119, but they have been discontinued for years. I'd grab one from a salvage yard for 5 bux.
To plug the hole, you just need a body plug. Measure the hole and go to Napa, they have all sorts of generic body plugs in all sizes and shapes.
Donzo13 likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 5 Old 09-19-2017, 12:17 PM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

The rod is called a support rod, part# 55050119. Good luck getting a new one as it's discontinued. Ebay has some used ones for about $25 a pair.
Floor Drain Plug, #55006578 Ormix-ada sells one thru Rock Auto for about $5 and Ebay has them too. I would check the size of the plug with a seller to make sure it's what you need.
Donzo13 likes this.

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Donzo13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you so much for the info. Awesome.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Donzo13
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I appreciate the quick answers. I have ordered the Grill support rods and the drain plugs using your info. THANKS.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.