new vehicle - how many miles is acceptable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > new vehicle - how many miles is acceptable?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

new vehicle - how many miles is acceptable?

I am waiting on delivery of a new Rubicon I ordered. I have received notification that is has been built but delivery is delayed for up to 4 weeks because my vehicle has been random selected to be given a 100% factory post production inspection.

No one at jeep can tell me exactly what is going to be done during the inspection. I was told that there could be up to 50 miles on the jeep. To me that is not a new vehicle, with 50 miles on it. Is my thinking wrong here ?

How many miles is acceptable on a new vehicle I ordered from the factory ?

djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
garciawork
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I work at a BMW dealership and vehicles regularly have more than 50 miles on them. Definitely not something to get worked up over.
garciawork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

4 people test drive it leads to 50 miles. Stop crying like a little girl
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

my jeep had 5 miles on the clock when I bought it.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
MKWrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

50 miles isn't anything to worry about. I'd say anything under 200 miles would be acceptable.
MKWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would't pay a penny over $200 for a rubi with 50 miles on it.
Brainwashed2566 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
4 people test drive it leads to 50 miles. Stop crying like a little girl
You are a forum moderator, and thats your stupid answer? If I wanted a used car I would have bought one. If I wanted one that people had test driven I would have bought one off the lot 4 weeks ago. Now you can kick me off the forum because I have no time for these kinds of stupid answers. So my comment to you is gfys .... u can cry like a little girl now and ban me. Have fun doing it !
djm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wut
Brainwashed2566 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
Jrama
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Eugene you sound like a guy who has been working sales too long lol

50 miles is nothing at least you'll know everything works great! I have had cars at delivery with about 120 miles on the clock. Just depends on how popular a test drive it was and if it came from the factory with a few like yours.

It is such a little detail in the scheme of things, its not even a tank of gas.....
Jrama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It can also be picked off the line, for a live QA test. Transit method and carrier changes, dealer trades all add to miles. If it was special ordered, then I would expect very few miles. Off the lot who knows but not more than 150, unless it's one ugly or strange combo of options.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
BadHammers
2013 JK Wrangler 

50 miles is not worth worrying about at all. When I bought my first JK, it had 200 miles and I found a receipt from the local pizza take-out place inside. Still sold as an untitled new vehicle and was perfect when I took delivery.

Didn't find any anchovies inside, either.
Jeeps past 01 XJ, 08 JK, 11 KK
BadHammers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I suppose its just the way you take it. 50 to 200 miles tested at the factory. I would be honored to accept that vehicle. They are personally going to inspect your vehicle to make sure it meets QC guidelines and that all is good.
You should feel relieved IMO, not troubled by this.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
I am waiting on delivery of a new Rubicon I ordered. I have received notification that is has been built but delivery is delayed for up to 4 weeks because my vehicle has been random selected to be given a 100% factory post production inspection.

No one at jeep can tell me exactly what is going to be done during the inspection. I was told that there could be up to 50 miles on the jeep. To me that is not a new vehicle, with 50 miles on it. Is my thinking wrong here ?

How many miles is acceptable on a new vehicle I ordered from the factory ?
It sounds like a good deal to me. You get an inspection to make sure its perfect. 50 miles is nothing. I really wouldn't worry.
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #14
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We've got ourselves a first world problem here.

Be happy that they are going to do a thorough inspection to make sure you don't get damaged or faulty goods. I bet you'd be plenty pissed off if they shipped you a Jeep with flaws.

Now quit yer b*tchin'.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Also whatever miles they put on during PDI
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.