New Process Gear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > New Process Gear

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
cj847
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New Process Gear

I know I'm in the wrong catergory, but wanted to get this out there. If I'm not mistaken, every jeep transfer case made for the last 20+ years came from this plant......

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...s_exit_st.html

Last edited by cj847; 02-05-2009 at 09:32 AM..
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
jeep06
2014 KL Cherokee 

That sux... another US company closing the doors. Greed is certainly going to kill this industrial nation sooner than later.
Unread 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I know I'm in the wrong catergory, but wanted to get this out there. If I'm not mistaken, every jeep transfer case made for the last 20+ years came from this plant......

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...s_exit_st.html
That was on the local news here last night, we used to haul loads for them.....
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

it looks like the employees had an option to take a pay cut and try to save their jobs. now they have a PAY CUT (ZERO) AND NO JOB.
Unread 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
shotgunsmith
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Typical UAW smack. Never give back no matter what the cost. Is it any wonder that there are 50% less UAW emp's now then there where in 1996? When Will the membership waketfup and realize that the union is killing the industry. CAn you say "USW" And where did all those 150000 UAW jobs go? We don't buy any less cars. Those jobs have gone to non union compitition in other states due to losses in market share because the B3 can't compete fiscally. Now it's getting to the point where refering to GM,chrysler and Ford as the Big 3 is akin to calling a fat guy slim.
Unread 02-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

UNIONS have no place anymore they served us well at one time but that has long since past.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Definitely a bad turn of events -- that's a lot of western NY jobs to lose. This is actually the first I had heard of it.
'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33Pyj View Post
UNIONS have no place anymore they served us well at one time but that has long since past.
In this case, I see where you're coming from. IMO based on what I've read, the union members could have been more flexible while at the bargaining table. Some concessions made on either (or both) side(s) may have resulted in a more favorable outcome for the workers & the employer.

I am a union worker, and luckily for us our union & our employer have a very good working relationship. In our case, our union serves us well, and it keeps the large corporation that employs us "honest" when it comes to workers' rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
In this case, I see where you're coming from. IMO based on what I've read, the union members could have been more flexible while at the bargaining table. Some concessions made on either (or both) side(s) may have resulted in a more favorable outcome for the workers & the employer.

I am a union worker, and luckily for us our union & our employer have a very good working relationship. In our case, our union serves us well, and it keeps the large corporation that employs us "honest" when it comes to workers' rights.

Well I know the forum is not a place for politcal views, but I can't hold back.

As I see it, a Worker's Rights are to do the job that he/she promised he/she would do and get the pay/benefits that the Employer promised.

If the worker does not like the work, the conditions, the pay, the benefits, the travel, the location, the hours, the etc, the worker has the RIGHT to leave.

If the employer is not happy with the worker, there should be the right to terminate, and find someone that wants to do the job.

If the worker is not happy with the employer/pay/conditions,etc/etc, the worker has the right to leave, and look for another job.
Unread 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Well I know the forum is not a place for politcal views, but I can't hold back.

As I see it, a Worker's Rights are to do the job that he/she promised he/she would do and get the pay/benefits that the Employer promised.

If the worker does not like the work, the conditions, the pay, the benefits, the travel, the location, the hours, the etc, the worker has the RIGHT to leave.

If the employer is not happy with the worker, there should be the right to terminate, and find someone that wants to do the job.

If the worker is not happy with the employer/pay/conditions,etc/etc, the worker has the right to leave, and look for another job.
I agree wholeheartedly with you, on all points.

This is why our particular union local & our employer have such a good relationship.

In some instances, a union can appear "heavy-handed" and put the employer/employee in an uncomfortable relationship.

I work for one of the largest aerospace companies in the global market. From a corporate standpoint, their policies & procedures are well thought out, and fair to the employee & the company as well. However, inside these corporate conglomerates exist the possibility that "clique" environments & politics can sneak by "under the radar" & undetected by upper level management who are really trying to provide a positive working atmosphere. This is where a labor contract between union workers & the company can both work together to insure that everyone is adhering to the policies provided by the company, and approved by the union employees. It assures the employees that as long as they are following procedures & policies, and do their job in the way that they're being paid to do it, they can rest assured that they won't be hampered by favoritism, nepotism, or harrassment. It also assures the company that these same issues won't result in poor quality (disgruntled employees) or potential lawsuits from employees who might be subjected to these types of unsavory work environments.

Like I said, our particular union local & our employer are both very satisfied with our partnership. Unfortunately just as in politics, there are people that can find ways to perform "dirty dealings" aimed at personal greed & power inside of labor unions. It's a shame that so many positive aspects provided by a partnership between labor unions & employers go unnoticed. Not every instance that makes the news (if any) are indicative of a well run labor contract.

I would hope that maybe someone reading this may consider that labor unions aren't all like the ones you read about in the news. "Good news" stories aren't sensational & prone to boost readership & ratings for the media industry, that's why you rarely hear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
snaustin09

This sucks big time, the plant is only about an hour from where I live and my dad knew a bunch of people who worked there, and even went for an interview there many years ago. Very sad, and I'm sure the production will just resume somewhere overseas unfortunately

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.