New Process Gear - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
cj847
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AR
Posts: 1,229
New Process Gear

I know I'm in the wrong catergory, but wanted to get this out there. If I'm not mistaken, every jeep transfer case made for the last 20+ years came from this plant......


http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...s_exit_st.html


97 TJ Sport OPJ project (other peoples junk) I can't remember the last time I bought a new part.

Last edited by cj847; 02-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.
cj847 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 AM
jeep06
Registered User
 
jeep06's Avatar
2015 KL Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 839
That sux... another US company closing the doors. Greed is certainly going to kill this industrial nation sooner than later.

2015 Cherokee Limited (granite) 4x4, 2.4L, 8.4AN, luxury group, wireless charge pad.
jeep06 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM
ZX14Rider
Registered User
 
ZX14Rider's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Binghamton, New York
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I know I'm in the wrong catergory, but wanted to get this out there. If I'm not mistaken, every jeep transfer case made for the last 20+ years came from this plant......


http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...s_exit_st.html
That was on the local news here last night, we used to haul loads for them.....
ZX14Rider is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old 02-05-2009, 02:34 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denton County, TX
Posts: 7,433
it looks like the employees had an option to take a pay cut and try to save their jobs. now they have a PAY CUT (ZERO) AND NO JOB.

jhanna
denton county, tx
2jhanna is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
shotgunsmith
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Conifer, CO.
Posts: 497
Typical UAW smack. Never give back no matter what the cost. Is it any wonder that there are 50% less UAW emp's now then there where in 1996? When Will the membership waketfup and realize that the union is killing the industry. CAn you say "USW" And where did all those 150000 UAW jobs go? We don't buy any less cars. Those jobs have gone to non union compitition in other states due to losses in market share because the B3 can't compete fiscally. Now it's getting to the point where refering to GM,chrysler and Ford as the Big 3 is akin to calling a fat guy slim.

"If a law is stupid, you have to break it."
HST
shotgunsmith is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 04:48 PM
J33Pyj
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 669
UNIONS have no place anymore they served us well at one time but that has long since past.

90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Trombino
Registered User
 
Trombino's Avatar
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,586
Definitely a bad turn of events -- that's a lot of western NY jobs to lose. This is actually the first I had heard of it.

'78 CJ7 -- Chevy 350 SBC, Holley 4-BBL, TH700R4, B&M Performance Shifter, Dana 300 w/ Twin Sticks, 3" Shackle Lift, 3" Body Lift, D30 Front (Disc), AMC 20 Rear w/ Moser 1-Piece, 4.10's, 35x12.50/15 General Grabber MT's, Cragar Soft 8's (15x8 w/ 4" BS)
Trombino is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear
 
Mean Max's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 13,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by J33Pyj View Post
UNIONS have no place anymore they served us well at one time but that has long since past.
In this case, I see where you're coming from. IMO based on what I've read, the union members could have been more flexible while at the bargaining table. Some concessions made on either (or both) side(s) may have resulted in a more favorable outcome for the workers & the employer.

I am a union worker, and luckily for us our union & our employer have a very good working relationship. In our case, our union serves us well, and it keeps the large corporation that employs us "honest" when it comes to workers' rights.


Click here to see all of my different albums on Photobucket.
Choose any album to see all of my pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denton County, TX
Posts: 7,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
In this case, I see where you're coming from. IMO based on what I've read, the union members could have been more flexible while at the bargaining table. Some concessions made on either (or both) side(s) may have resulted in a more favorable outcome for the workers & the employer.

I am a union worker, and luckily for us our union & our employer have a very good working relationship. In our case, our union serves us well, and it keeps the large corporation that employs us "honest" when it comes to workers' rights.


Well I know the forum is not a place for politcal views, but I can't hold back.

As I see it, a Worker's Rights are to do the job that he/she promised he/she would do and get the pay/benefits that the Employer promised.

If the worker does not like the work, the conditions, the pay, the benefits, the travel, the location, the hours, the etc, the worker has the RIGHT to leave.

If the employer is not happy with the worker, there should be the right to terminate, and find someone that wants to do the job.

If the worker is not happy with the employer/pay/conditions,etc/etc, the worker has the right to leave, and look for another job.

jhanna
denton county, tx
2jhanna is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear
 
Mean Max's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 13,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Well I know the forum is not a place for politcal views, but I can't hold back.

As I see it, a Worker's Rights are to do the job that he/she promised he/she would do and get the pay/benefits that the Employer promised.

If the worker does not like the work, the conditions, the pay, the benefits, the travel, the location, the hours, the etc, the worker has the RIGHT to leave.

If the employer is not happy with the worker, there should be the right to terminate, and find someone that wants to do the job.

If the worker is not happy with the employer/pay/conditions,etc/etc, the worker has the right to leave, and look for another job.
I agree wholeheartedly with you, on all points.

This is why our particular union local & our employer have such a good relationship.

In some instances, a union can appear "heavy-handed" and put the employer/employee in an uncomfortable relationship.

I work for one of the largest aerospace companies in the global market. From a corporate standpoint, their policies & procedures are well thought out, and fair to the employee & the company as well. However, inside these corporate conglomerates exist the possibility that "clique" environments & politics can sneak by "under the radar" & undetected by upper level management who are really trying to provide a positive working atmosphere. This is where a labor contract between union workers & the company can both work together to insure that everyone is adhering to the policies provided by the company, and approved by the union employees. It assures the employees that as long as they are following procedures & policies, and do their job in the way that they're being paid to do it, they can rest assured that they won't be hampered by favoritism, nepotism, or harrassment. It also assures the company that these same issues won't result in poor quality (disgruntled employees) or potential lawsuits from employees who might be subjected to these types of unsavory work environments.

Like I said, our particular union local & our employer are both very satisfied with our partnership. Unfortunately just as in politics, there are people that can find ways to perform "dirty dealings" aimed at personal greed & power inside of labor unions. It's a shame that so many positive aspects provided by a partnership between labor unions & employers go unnoticed. Not every instance that makes the news (if any) are indicative of a well run labor contract.

I would hope that maybe someone reading this may consider that labor unions aren't all like the ones you read about in the news. "Good news" stories aren't sensational & prone to boost readership & ratings for the media industry, that's why you rarely hear them.


Click here to see all of my different albums on Photobucket.
Choose any album to see all of my pics!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 AM
snaustin09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central NY
Posts: 182
This sucks big time, the plant is only about an hour from where I live and my dad knew a bunch of people who worked there, and even went for an interview there many years ago. Very sad, and I'm sure the production will just resume somewhere overseas unfortunately

"If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green
snaustin09 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
D44 Swap Process missionAvs TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 09-16-2009 02:54 PM
I don't know how many of you here would do this, but I am in the process and need som charlescho TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 28 05-30-2007 02:54 PM
Proper Gear Break-In Process? JeepinYahoo TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 01-25-2007 07:07 AM
In the process of doing a lift, need help! 89_Sahara YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 5 10-22-2005 11:32 AM
modification process????? Jeepin_Al TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 06-16-2004 12:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome